Is there anyway to fix breathing problems without surgery?

is there anyway to fix breathing problems without surgery? has been really irritating me for some time. there is days where i breathe fine through the nose feeling nice cool air and most of the time im really congested.This was never a problem before surgery, and its getting in the way of my life. I justwant to feel the same again myself like i used to. i dont know what it could be and i dont think its an obstruction because ifit was then i wouldnt beable to breathe normally somedays, right?

Rhinoplasty and breathing problems

+1

There are many treatments to help you breathe better through your nose. The best option is going to depend on your situation. You mentioned that you have had some type of surgery, but I don't know what kind. Without more information, photos, etc.I can't be more specific with respect to your individual case.

In broad terms, allergy and sinus medications can help many breathing problems. Over the counter remedies like sinus rinses and breathe-right strips may also help your breathing.

Surgery is an option to improve the breathing only other options fail to help.

Rhinoplasty is used to reshape the nose and we call it a functional rhinoplasty when the main goal of the operation is to improve breathing. It is important that your rhinoplasty surgeon pay attention to both form as well as function. Older rhinoplasty techniques will create a nice looking nose at the cost of functional support. This can result in a nose that droops with time or which collapses even with gentle breathing.

Seek on consultation with a local rhinoplasty expert to get a thorough evaluation and customized treatment plan (which may or may not include surgery)

Yours in good health, MKB

Montgomery Facial Plastic Surgeon

Breathing problems after surgery

+1

It would be helpful to know what surgery was performed and how long ago it was performed. The function of the nose is usually impaired for several months after nose surgery and this improves with time. There may be ways to improve the breathing without surgery using nasal sprays to humidify the nose or decongestants. There may also be anatomical changes after surgery that are contributing and could be fixed by surgery. The only way to answer your question properly requires a physical examination and evaluation.

Kristina Tansavatdi, MD

+1

There may not be a solution based upon your description, but you should at least be examined.

Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.