Breathing Issues 6 Weeks After Revision Rhino/septoplasty?

I had a revision rhinoplasty/septoplasty 6 weeks ago. I still cannot breathe normally. My bridge feels very constricted and I can only feel very little air getting through. I'm scheduled to see my surgeon in a couple of weeks. Is this normal? Also visually, my bridge is very pinched looking just below the nasal bones. I think was reduced TOO much in size from it's original state and this might be causing airway problems.

Trouble Breathing After Rhinoplasty

+1

Being only 6 weeks out of surgery it is very possible that your symptoms are caused by swelling which still exists inside the nose.  The constricted feeling is also secondary to healing taking place.  I suggest you follow up with your surgeon at regular intervals so he or she may follow your progress and rule out any abnormalities.  Good Luck

Philadelphia Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nasal Obstruction after Rhinoplasty

+1

Swelling, dryness, congestion are all possible and should resolve. Your surgeon should be able to rule out more serious issues on your follow up visit.

Roy A. David, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nasal Obstruction 6 weeks after Revision Rhinoplasty

+1

Hi,

There are many reasons you may be experiencing difficulty breathing. Nasal valve collapse, deviated septum, scar tissue, turbinate hypertrophy. There is really no way of knowing for sure without examining your nose. Ask your surgeon what he/she thinks.

Dr.S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS

Breathing after septorhinoplasty

+1

It is quite possible that you still have alot of swelling which may restrict some airflow. Follow closely with your surgeon.

Nasal obstruction after rhinoplasty

+1

It is certainly possible that there is still some swelling present, particularly high in the nose at the nasal valve region.   Sometimes I will put patients on nasal steroid spray a few weeks after rhinoplasty if this is happening.  Let your surgeon take a look...

Matthew Bridges, MD
Richmond Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

+1

You are only six weeks after rhinoplasty, you may still have a lot of swellig, or you may have some blood in the nostrils.

Wait for the swelling to resolve. if the piching is just below the nasal bones you may have internal valve problems. This may require a spreader graft to correct and support the inernal valve.