Breathing Issues 9 Days After a Rhinoplasty?

I was told my septum was slightly deviated.I think out of the 7 docs I saw, maybe 2 mentioned that my septum was slightly deviated. So I had a septoplasty, rhinoplasty, and turbinectomy. Last night was my 10th night since surgery and I woke up in the middle of the night with a very clogged nostril. It still feels clogged today. Today I have a slight headache and my head feels congested. Is this normal? Is breathing good before surgery and not breathing so great after surgery normal?

10 days after surgery

It is standard to have internal swelling after nasal surgery that impairs airflow. I am certain that your surgeon would want to know of your concerns.

Be healthy and be well,
James M. Ridgway, MD, FACS

Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon