Breathing After Septo-Rhinoplasty/Turbinate Reduction + Steroid Use

I am 1.25 weeks p/o septorhinoplasty and turbinate reduction (microdebrider) -I chose to have one turbinate reduced due to 'compensatory hypertrophy' from DNS. I am now congested on the side of the turbinate reduction (right nostril, this was the 'working' side pre-op). I started a course of Prednisone 60mg-taper and have better breathing-will this go away and return swelling once I stop? and is it possible the turbinate reduction was too conservative and a revision might be needed? Thx

Breathing 9 Days after Septorhinoplasty

+2

In the history of nasal surgery, including a septorhinoplasty and turbinate reduction, no patient has ever  enjoyed normal breathing 9 days after the procedure. Patience is the best treatment at present.