After Trauma to my nose I'm having problems breathing, options to fix?

I have been having this problem a while back but I thought it was allergies but its not I've been taking over the counter medication and nasal spray and it don't work for me At all, I just can't take it no more , I get headaches I get stress over this beacause my nose is always stiff , i just got a bump on my nose and beacause i fell washing my tub.I have medical what can I do about this and what does it cover.

+1
Hello, and sorry to hear about the issue you experienced. In general, a septoplasty would be necessary to correct the issues you describe. Depending on your insurance, they may cover some or all of the functional portion of your surgery. I hope this information helps, and I wish you the best of luck. 

Difficulty breathing

+1
Difficulty breathing after nasal trauma may involve a septal fracture with septal deviation.  A septoplasty would correct your breathing issues, possibly with a turbinectomy.  The correction of the nasal dorsal bump can be easily performed at the same time.

John Michael Thomassen, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

After trauma to my nose, I'm having problems breathing. Options to fix?

+1
There are many possible structural deformities secondary to trauma that can contribute to nasal obstruction. Allergies can worsen symptoms of nasal obstruction and prolonged use of over the counter nasal sprays can worsen the symptoms, as well. Please consult with an experience nasal surgeon who will examine your nose on the outside and intranasally. Your surgeon can explain which surgical options would be best for you. Please know there is hope to improve your nasal breathing,

Suzanne Kim Doud Galli, MD, PhD, FACS
Washington Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nasal obstruction following trauma

+1
Nasal breathing problems following trauma are usually due to fractures in the cartilage or bone of the nose. As a result, in most cases, surgery is the only repair option. Nasal obstruction treatment is covered by many insurance policies but not all. Further, every individual policy differs as well as deductibles and co-insurance. You can consult with a Facial Plastic Surgeon for details about what might help you. They can provide you with the information to present to your insurance carrier who will be able to tell you approximately what your out-of-pocket cost would be. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon