I'm 33 yearsold and I weigh 177lbs. and my cup size is DDD and I'm only 5'2". Will Medicaid Cover my Breast Reduction?

I'm 33 yearsold and I weigh 177lbs. and my cup size is DDD and I'm only 5'2". I have back problems but I dont have the money to pay for a Breast reduction. Do you think Medicaid will pay for it?

Medicaid coverage for breast reduction

+2

Our breast reduction patients are some of our happiest patients. They appreciate their new look and literally have had a significant weight taken off their shoulders. As you know, some insurance policies may cover this procedure. However, it depends on the insurance policy and the insurance company. In our practice, we have seen many insurance companies do everything possible to avoid paying for medically necessary procedures such as a breast reduction. If you are not able to have your breast reduction covered by an insurance company, work with a board-certified plastic surgeon who has a great deal of experience in breast reduction and breast contouring and inquire about financing plans. In our practice, our patient coordinators are experts at finding a plan that will fit the patient's budget.

Breast Reduction and Medicaid?

+1

Thank you for the question and picture.

Although you may be an excellent candidate for breast reduction surgery I think the biggest challenge  you will have is finding a reputable plastic surgeon who works with Medicaid.

Breast Reduction

+1

More than likely your breast reduction surgery, or a portion of it, will be covered by insurance provided enough breast tissue is removed. If you are 5ft 2in and 177 lbs with DDD bra, there should be more than enough tissue to be removed to satisfy the insurance companies. Please check with your provider and get prequalified for this procedure as it could very well eliminate your symptoms of neck/back pain.

William Bruno, MD

Insurance and Breast Reduction

+1

Insurance often covers breast reduction provided certain criteria are met, including sympomatology, breast volume, breast size, height, weight, occupation, and skin condition along the IMF. Check with your provider for eligibility requirements.

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Medicaid and breast reduction

+1

Medicaid may pay for your breast reduction. You will have to find a medicaid provider to perform this surgery for you. That surgeon will have to contact medicaid and find out what their requirements are.