Breat Implant Removal After Lift & Alloderm Revision?

I'm a 55 year old female 5'8" 140 lbs. I had a breast lift & 300cc implants over the muscle approx 3 years ago. One year after the surgery, I had a revison with alloderm on one breast due to excessive sagging. I don't like the implants - the size or sensation and wish to have them removed. Give the lift and revision what is the likelyhood of somewhat normal looking breasts without further surgery. Is the removal any more complicated because of the lift & revision. Thank you.

What to know before breast implant removal

+1

The first thing to ask is what it is specifically that your are unhappy with about the breast implants. If they are over the muscle, then things like rippling and unnatural feel are more common. That could be fixed with either more alloderm or switching the implants to under the muscle. If size is an issue then smaller implants could be done. The X factor here is that the breasts will unfortunately not be the same after having implants in for a few years, and removal of the implants may create new problems. Whether these could be addressed by revising the lift can only be answered by someone examining you personally.

Breast Implant Removal after Breast Lift and Alloderm

+1

I would recommend removal of the implants if that is what you desire.  I would wait at least several months for the tissues to heal and contract.  Then a secondary lift can be performed to address any remaining sagging at that time.

Appearance of Breasts after Breast Implant Removal?

+1

Thank you for the question. As you can imagine, without direct examination it is not possible to give you precise advice. However, some general thoughts may be helpful to you.

Generally speaking, removal of the breast implants should not be a complicated procedure because you have had breasts lifting and/or the use of allograft in the past. Much of what your breasts will look like after removal of breast implants will depend on factors such as skin elasticity present and the size of breast implants used.

Your plastic surgeon will be able to give you more precise guidance.  You will need to weigh carefully the pros/cons of the breast implant removal  procedure.

I hope this (and the attached link) helps.

Implant Removal Afer a Breast Lift

+1

The removal of an implant after a lift and Alloderm┬« is not a complicated procedure.  You will have some decrease in volume that may be somewhat alarming.

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Breast augmentation

+1

you can easily remove the implants, however because they were placed above the muscle, the soft tissues have become stretched out. you may be left with sagging breasts after the removal and may need another lift

Joseph A. Russo, MD
Newton Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implant Removal After Lift & Alloderm Revision?

+1

Without photos I find it impossible to make an educated guess. Removal of the implants is not complicated, but the decision process of what to recommend in terms of managing the remaining tissue (lift at the time, lift later if needed, no lift) is complex. Please consider posting a photo. Thanks, best wishes.