1 Week Post Op, 300cc Silicone Submuscular; Bruised, Swollen, Too Big?

I am 7 days post op. I had 300 cc silicone implants sub muscular with a lift. They are so bruised and swollen. At least I hope that is swelling. These are way bigger than I expected. The left Breast has a terrible rubbing and gurgling sound. I am having horrible anxiety and depression. I'm afraid I've made a horrible mistake.

Postop bruising

+1

It is normal to have postop bruising. The gurgling is because the pocket was opened and some air will eventually leave. It all sounds normal but follow up with your ps just in case.

Miami Beach Plastic Surgeon

Post op anxiety, depression, swelling and bruising.

+1

This may well be  your first experience with anxiety and depression, but I can assure you your surgeon has had to deal with this before. As far as size there may well be swelling, and there are often other factors that may make the implant seem larger at first. Many sub-muscular implants ride high in the early period after surgery and this makes the implants seem large in the upper breast area, and in this situation they almost always settle into the desired position over the course of one to three months. 

The gurgling noise is usually caused by air that enters the surgical field during surgery. This air will be absorbed over the course of a week or two after surgery, and the gurgling should stop.  

You should see your surgeon to discuss this and to be evaluated for complications such as accumulation of blood or fluid which can cause enlargement and may require treatment. Your surgeon should be able to reassure you through this difficult postop period. Good luck