Can Breasts That Are Too Wide Apart Corrected? (photo)

I had my transaxillary breast augmentation surgery a week ago (225cc saline moderate profile). Everything seems great so far, I'm just not happy with the fact that my breasts are too far apart and I don't really like the side boob as well. Will they get even wider as time progresses and the muscles relax? Can this be surgically corrected? I'm really hoping to get used to them more in a few weeks. Thanks a lot!

Gap between breasts

+2

You appear to have a great result.  The space between the breasts is determined by your anatomy, it cannot really be altered.  Bras are used to improve cleavage.

Breast implant position appears appropriate

+2

I am generally in agreement with the opinions offered by Drs. Gottlieb and Wallach that, based upon this single view, your breast implants appear to be appropriately positioned.  One of the most difficult things to explain is that the visual center of the breasts needs to be the nipple.  Therefore, the implants must be centered on the nipples.  If the nipples start off slightly widely spaced, the implants, if placed appropriately, will follow suit and be slightly widely spaced as well.  To do otherwise and force the issue of placing them closely together simply to address the spacing of the cleavage, the nipples will be directed outward and almost appear to be "pointing around a corner."  It is my impression the your nipples are naturally a little widely spaced because your chest wall shape is also slightly prominent in the middle.  This causes your breasts to gently fall off toward the sides.  While you may have wished for a somewhat different appearance, I can tell you that from this view, your result looks very natural FOR YOUR BODY.  That is the most important issue to understand.  In addition, if you have only 225 cc implants, this is a relatively modest size of implant, and I suspect from looking at this image, you had a fair amount of your own breast tissue, and it probably behaved exactly this way too.  This should really be thought of as breast enhancement surgery, and the purpose is not to create something entirely new, rather to enhance the natural beauty of what's there.  Having said that, I can also say that the transaxillary and transumbilical approachs arguably have the greatest chance for implant malposition, and just to be absolutely certain about your implant position, it would be worth getting a second opinion to be absolutely sure that our assessment of your implant position based upon our limited information is accurate.  I suspect that it is, but it would be easy enough to put your mind at ease by doing this.  I hope this helps, and in conclusion, I would encourage you to enjoy your very nice result as it looks very natural, which really should be the goal in all of this.

Joseph L. Grzeskiewicz, MD

Can Breasts That Are Too Wide Apart Corrected?

+2

Based upon the single posted photo, the implants appear to be properly positioned, centered upon the nipples and areolas. There are no pre op photos, but I would imagine that your breasts were somewhat widely spaced and that will not change with breast enlargement. The implants will probably not extend further out as the implants settle., and chances are you will get used to them. Outcome looks nice to me.

All the best. 

Breasts too far apart

+1

Usually this is due to a mismatch of the diameter of the implant and the diameter of the breast.  With a larger diameter comes higher volume, however diameter is the most important parameter.

Talmage Raine MD FACS

Talmage J. Raine, MD

Implant position

+1

Your breasts appear appropriately placed. Your cleavage is related to your anatomy.  Yes, implants can be migrate laterally over time.