Are my Breasts Tubular/hypoplastic?

I know i must have some mild form of it, but are they severe? I don't really care about the size or shape, I basically just want the areola to be smaller. Will an areola reduction fix the problem?

Are these Tubular Breasts?

+1

Thank you for your question.  You don't seem to have a true tubular breast deformity. With tubular breasts, the lower pole of the breast (which should be round and symmetric) is narrow, constricted and tight. The breasts are usually smaller and look "cone-like" with very larger protruding areolas.

I would say that you have very natural breasts with volume loss and drooping (also called, ptosis).  If you are unhappy with the look of your breasts and areola, I would suggest performing a short scar breast lift which would lift the breast and reduce the areolar size. This can be done with or without the use of breast implants to increase volume.  The scars would be around the areola and vertical down the lower half of the breasts. In any case, always talk to a board certified plastic surgeon to make the best decision. Good luck.

Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift

+1

Based on your photos you appear to only have sagging breasts, known as breast ptosis.  The appropriate surgical option is a breast lift (mastopexy).  There are a wide variety of techniques.  I would most likely use a short scar circumvertical method.  This would lift the breast and reduce the areola size.  The scars would be around the areola and vertical down the lower half of the breasts.

Akron Plastic Surgeon

Tubular breasts

+1

Hello and thank you for the question.

Your photographs do not depict the classic stigmata of tubular breast deformity which includes a breast that is small or hypoplastic (underdeveloped) with a constricted breast base, a high and tight inframammary fold (typically with an associated finding of lower pole skin deficiency), herniation of breast tissue into the areola leading to the classic "puffy areolas".

In your case, the breasts appear ptotic or saggy with large areola. This can be addressed with a mastopexy or breast lift. However, if your only concern are the areola, an areolar reduction procedure may be performed to reduce the size of the areola and create better symmetry.

Glenn Vallecillos, M.D., F.A.C.S. 

Web reference: http://www.beverlyhillscosmeticsurgeon.com/breast-reconstruction.php

Areola reduction

+1

Your areolas can be reduced with circumferential incisions and repair to give you the size areolas you want.  Neither breast is tubular/hypoplastic.

Web reference: http://www.josephtogbamd.com/

Oakland Plastic Surgeon

Vertical breast lift

+1

I agree with my colleagues in that you don't exhibit the classic signs of a tubular breasts. You do have a high inframmary fold with nipple-areolar ptosis. While a periareolar (donut, Benelli) mastopexy will allow you to reduce the diameter of your areolas, don't anticipate much of a lift, but you can see a flattening of the breasts. A better approach is a vertical mastopexy, that would allow you to achieve better projection and with minimal scarring. 

Tubular?

+1

Based on what can be seen in this one photo, your breast do not look 'tubular' or 'tuberous'.  If you desire areola reduction, this can certainly be done although, to me, your areolae do not look very large compared to the base of your breasts.

Treatment of enlarged areola and tubular breasts

+1
After examining your photos, I would agree with the others that you do not have tubular breasts. They appear to be ptotic (droopy) with a high crease. An areolar reduction would correct only the diameter of the areola but not give much of a lift. I feel a vertical lift would correct both problems with minimal scarring.
Medford Plastic Surgeon

You have large areolas without tubular breasts.

+1

Hi.

This is a very straight forward problem.  A minimal scar (circle around the nipples) breast lift will make your areolas the right size and make your breasts look better.

Are My Breasts Tubular?

+1

You do not appear to have true 'tubular breasts,' however, your breasts have a more tubular than rounded shape.  To clarify this, 'tubular breasts' are breasts that are elongated with a very short distance from the breast fold to the edge of t the lower areola and a tight breast fold.  The breast tissue is also 'herniated' (imagine that it is squeezed towards the areola like toothpaste is squeezed from a tube) causing your areola to become very large.  In your case, your breast has a slightly elongated shape with ptosis (sag) and large areolae but not the other features of a true 'tubular breast' as described above.  The benefits of an areolar reduction in your case is the decreased areolar size and a slight lift associated with the procedure.  Your best option is to pursue a vertical lift ('lollipop lift') with or without an implant.  Best of luck!

Web reference: http://www.drlouisdeluca.com/

Palm Beach Plastic Surgeon

Tubular breast appearance

+1

Based upon the photos you provided, your breasts do not appear to be tubular.  A tubular breast is defined as having a constricted lower pole (a shortage of skin on the portion of the breast below the areola).  The breast frequently appears droopy, and the breast tissue may herniate into the areola, making the areola appear puffy.

Areolar reduction will decrease the size of the areolae, but will create scars on the front of your breasts that may widen.  I would recommended that you arrange a consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon, so that you can be examined, have the procedure explained in detail, and make an informed decision understanding the potential risks and benefits.

Good luck.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with (i.e. personally see) a board-certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Web reference: http://www.drcraigrock.com