Breasts Tacked Up Unevenly?

I am 3 weeks post BA, 425 saline submuscular. My right breast crease is currently about an inch lower than my left and the left implant is riding high and has not dropped down like the right and has a weird profile. PS said he had to "tack" up both breasts underneath and may have tacked the left higher due to rib placement. He also said he could go in and release the left some....is that an invasive revision? Will time resolve uneven tacking? Can the left even drop if tacked too high?

Revision of Breast Pocket/Fold Requires Patience

+2
Thank you for your question.  Breast surgery requiring revision of the pocket and inframmary fold can be quite complicated.  It is normal to have skin puckering from the sutures and sometimes there is some implant position asymmetry.   Having said that, with time most of these issues improve significantly.  If these issues do not improve significantly within a few months after surgery, then revision may be required. Revision is usually a short outpatient procedure with a mild recovery.  Best of luck with your progress!

Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation Asymmetry

+1

Suture techniques to the inframammary fold or to recreate or change a pocket introduce an additional element of variability to surgery.  My advice is to wait, wait, wait at least 6 months.  Sutures and tissues relax, implants drop, shapes change, and these all unpredictable to some extent.  Good luck.

Asymmetry after Breast Augmentation?

+1

Given that you are only 3 weeks out of your surgery, it is much too early to evaluate the end results of the procedure and/or consider further surgery. I would suggest that you continue to exercise patience and continue to follow up with your plastic surgeon.

Evaluate the end results of surgery 6 months to one year after it was done; hopefully you will be pleased with the outcome, understanding that absolute  breast symmetry is almost never achieved.

Breasts Tacked Up Unevenly?

+1

Your question is quite difficult to answer without the benefit of photos, preferably including photos from before surgery as well as of the current appearance. 

At three weeks it is quite early to  make any judgement, as most patients have significant improvement over the course of 3 to 6 months as the implants settle into place. 

As to your revision question, it is best asked to your surgeon. He knows what precisely was done and what he has in mind in terms of revision.

Thanks, best wishes.

Breast tack

+1

Thank you for the question.  Your surgery was only three weeks ago and , generally speaking, it takes up to six months for the implants to settle. During that time, if you have concerns about your surgery, I advise to  address your concerns with your plastic surgeon and follow his/ her instructions. It would not be in your best interest to comment on your question without in person exam.

Moneer Jaibaji, MD

Implants and dropping

+1

Without seeing at least photos it is difficult to comment, but they will fall a bit with time.  Good luck.