My Breasts Are Not the Same Size After Breast Lift with Silicone Augmentation, Do I Need a Revision?

I am 6 days post op from a breast lift with augmentation with 492cc silicone implants. Prior to surgery my left breast was slightly larger than my right. Post surgery, my right breast is larger than the left. Same size implants used. Will this change; the equaling out of both breast size? Does it have to do with settling of the implants, or is it something that will have to be adjusted with further surgery?

breast lift and asymmetryWait wait

+2

You're much too early to tell if there's  asymmetry. And after surgery one side have more swelling and bruising the other and this may be responsible for your asymmetry.

In my patients it takes me 2 to 3 months before I start to get an idea of what the final result will look like. Don't worry, wait for yourself to heal.

Asymmetry after Breast Lift

+2
  • It is way to early to really provide you with any usefull information
  • Need photos
  • breasts will soften and settle over next 2-3 months
  • Be patient

Richard Linderman, MD

Assymetry initially post breast surgery

+2

At this point in time of your recovery, it is normal for you to have some asymmetry due to swelling. Initially, the breasts will vary in the healing process but hopefully will equal out and be more symmetrical as the swelling subsides. Be patient and realistic. It could take up to 4-6 months before you see the final result and they may never be exactly identical.

On this site, I do my best to give advice without a physical examination but I want you to know that a physical examination by a board certified physician is always the best way to get the most accurate information.

Uneven breasts 6 days post- breast augmentation

+2

It is too soon to tell!  You are only 6 days postop and still certainly very swollen. Give it some time.  Also, no woman's two breasts are the same.  Your surgeon may have pointed out asymmetries to you prior to surgery as well.  Regardless, I would give it a bit of time!

B. Aviva Preminger, MD

Uneven breasts after surgery

+2

I hope you have  already discussed your concerns with your surgeon and that he/she has help alleviate your anxiety about where things are as you are early in your healing process.  If your surgeon employs massage in the post-operative recovery, use it to help improve the symmetry of your breasts. 

If you were having problems, one side would continually expand and get fuller and create much more pain that your medications may be ineffective.  It would be quite obvious.

You had trust in your surgeon by selecting him/her and you should nurture that relationship to maximize the chances of achieving your goal and to also deal with any other issues that may arise over time.  I'm confident you will be delighted as the healing progresses.

Curtis Wong, MD

Breast asymmetry following BA

+2

No woman's breasts are identical nor will breast augmentation make them so.  70% of woman have a larger left breast than right.  If the same size implants were used your left breast will still be be larger when all the swelling has subsided.  It takes 3-6 months to see the final result  BUT...your right breast was also a little higher and it will be tighter with the same size implant (because it was smaller, too) so it will may look a bit rounder and fuller in the upper aspects.  When you look down it may always look larger to you.  Be patient and avoid mirrors for a couple of months.  Get copies of your pre-operative photos from your surgeon so you can see where you started.  This can help you keep perspective as your new breasts emerge from their post-operative cocoon.

Lori H. Saltz, MD

Asymmetry after breast surgery

+2

Perfect symmetry between the two breasts is difficult to attain, but a Plastic Surgeon will always think of that while planning and performing the surgery.

Six days post-op is too early to know what is going on. If you are still concerned after another fortnight, please see your surgeon or posts some photos here.

Anindya Lahiri, MBBS
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Assymetry 6 days post op breast aug with lift

+2

Dear Susie,

You are way too early in the healing process to worry about your final results. Please be patient. Let your implants settle and tissues heal. You will experience changes every week! Allow your surgeon to guide and reassure you. Best wishes, Dr. H

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation

+2

Some asymmetry betweenthe two breasts is normal. At 6 days there may be some differential swelling. Give it time to settle down.

Six days after Breast Lift with Augmentation, My Breasts Are Not the Same Size - What Should I Do?

+2

Dear SusieA,

Patience is key. The breasts are usually swollen and the implants riding high after surgery. The swelling usually resolves over three to six weeks, and the implants and breast shape settle over three to six months depending on your body and the type of procedure performed. Consequently, the final result usually takes three to six months to appear.

WArmest wishes,

Larry Fan, MD

Larry Fan, MD