Breasts Lost Volume After Pregnancy. Would Like Natural Looking Breasts? (photo)

since having my son my breasts have lost volume especially at the top. I am 5ft 5inches, approx 115lbs and currently wearing a 34c bra which is quite empty, my back size is actually 32 but find 32c bra cups bit too small. I want the implants to look as natural as poosible just really to fill out my current breast tissue. Which would be better to achieve a more natural look overs or unders? also any suggestions on sizing would be really helpful. The impalnts I am having are the Allergan Natrelle.

Getting Natural and full breasts after pregnancy in Los Angeles

+2

women loose breast volume after pregnancy. Breast skin also stretches with pregnancy which makes the breast saggy looking. Breast augmentation with saline implants under the breast muscle (submuscular) helps to replenish lost breast volume. It might also be necessary to lift breasts after pregnancy.

Measurements Required To Determine Best Size

+1
This all depends on a variety of measurements of your original, pre-surgery body contour and your desired outcome. A variety of variables are considered, including your height, weight, breast width, breast height, distance between nipple and breast fold, as well as your desired cup size to determine the most suitable implant size, type and specific surgical technique. Based on all of these measurements, you can then determine how many cc's would look natural, or unnatural. You may want to consider an implant shape with more projection (a narrower base) and placed in the submammary position to achieve a subtle lift to make your breasts look perkier. Ask your surgeon about the Allergan Inspira Truform 2.

Jerome Edelstein, MD

Breasts lost volume after pregnancy. Would like natural looking breasts? (photo)

+1
Hello! Thank you for your question and photo. This is an excellent question, and one very common for those seeking rejuvenation of the appearance of her breasts, especially after pregnancy. Your complaints are likely due to post-pregnancy changes of your breasts as they likely enlarged and stretched during and immediately after your pregnancy as they became engorged with milk for lactation. Now, they have a typical "deflated" appearance as they have settled but have lost much of the enlargement during your pregnancy. Options to ameliorate your complaints would include implant placement, breast lift, fat grafting, or a combination of these modalities. A consultation with a plastic surgeon may help you decide which procedure(s) may be the best option for you.   Obtaining your breast base width is the most important determinant for obtaining the best, and most natural-appearing, result.  This will give you the correct implant size for your body habitus. 

It may be wise to wait until after you have completed child bearing, as similar changes will occur after each pregnancy. Also, it is not uncommon to have different sizes of breasts, but I would recommend evaluation if there is a sudden change in one side from another, a mass is felt to account for the size difference, any changes in skin or nipple appearance, or drainage/bleeding from the nipple. Changes can certainly continue after future pregnancies. Hope that these answers help!

Lewis Albert Andres, MD

Replacing volume after pregnancy

+1

Thanks for the photo.  It is very common to replace volume lost after having children.  This is usually done with an implant.  If you have droop, (ptosis), then a lift may help as well.  It is a bit difficult to tell you exactly what to do without an exam.  Best to see a couple of board certified plastic surgeons and get a couple of opinions.  

Jeffrey Roth, MD

Breast augmentation incisions

+1

From photo I cannot tell if your nipple is higher than your fold. If it is, then you will probably not need a lift. If you have significant hanging but the nipple is above the fold, then I would go with silicone on top of the muscle to take up the loose skin. I like the Mentor smooth round implant, and with a narrow chest you may need a high profile or ultra high profile. Your surgeon will be able to measure and determine which implant will be best.

Good luck.

Gregory Sexton, MD
Columbia Plastic Surgeon

Over or Under the Muscle

+1

Based on your pictures, I would place the implants below the muscle (as I do in nearly all of my patients).  As for sizing, find a board-certified plastic surgeon who has implant sizers that you can try on in the office to get you the closest to your goals.  Allergan implants are high quality implants as are the two other FDA approved implants available in the US.

Brian Howard, MD
Alpharetta Plastic Surgeon

Want natural looking augmented breasts

+1

Thank you for your question and the photo.

You will get a lot of different answers. You may be a good candidate for over the muscle with a small lift for the most natural look.

To be sure and to discuss all the risks, benefits, alternatives; see two or more board-certified plastic surgeons in your area for a full and complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have surgery.  I hope this helps.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Saggy Breasts After Pregnancy

+1

Based on your photo and description, it is common for women to loose breast volume and perkiness  after pregnancy.

An submuscular implants would help restore the fullness of your breasts and the size cannot be determined without an in-person evaluation.

With that in mind, you may need to consider a lift to go along with the breast augmentation; the type of lift will be discussed during your consultation with the surgeon.

That being said, please remember that commendable results require an exceptionally skilled surgeon to perform the surgery and settling for anything less than that increases the chances of additional corrective surgeries dramatically.

I hope this helps and please feel free to check the website below.

Thank you for your inquiry.
The best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

Breast implants are for volume rejuvenation, breast lift is for tissue reshaping

+1

Determining what you would like to achieve with breast rejuvenation is important since it will allow you to decide which procedures will be ideal for you.  Breast implant will add volume and upper pole fullness while a breast lift will reshape the tissue you currently have.  The front view photo that you provided gives us some information about symmetry and size but it is difficult to determine the potential need for a breast lift procedure.  In general if you can make your breasts look the way you want them to with your hands or a bra then a breast lift alone may be all that you need or you may combine that with a breast implant of additional upper pole volume.  A breast implant alone will add volume to your breast but will not change the position of your areolas or the position of your breast tissue below your breast fold.

Dr Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Natural looking breasts after surgery

+1

Based on your photos and goals, I would recommend a sub facial implant position as this can give you a very natural appearance, particularly with a style 10 or 15 Allergan gel implant.  You have the ideal anatomy to get this type of result.  Discuss this option with a surgeon that does both procedures...."one key doesn't fit every lock".

Leonard T. Yu, MD
Kahului Plastic Surgeon