Breasts Lift with No Implants? (photo)

Hi guys Im after some advice on a breast lift sugery My concerns are, the scarring, will my breast be a size smaller post surgery, and if i loose 5 kilos will it reverse the affect of my operation or come close to that affect? I've been told i should have the Breast Lift with Inverted T scar, but is there any better or other options for me? Also should i consider an implant to get a fuller breast look, i am currently a 10 E cup

Breast lift with no implants?

+1
It is normal for the breast to lose its firmness and perkiness over time, which is accentuated with age, pregnancy/breast feeding, weight gain/loss, and gravity.  This ultimately results in ptosis, or sagging, of the breast with a “deflated” appearance.  Women often seek the mastopexy, or breast lift, procedure to regain the previous youthful appearance of her breasts and desire that uplifted and perky appearance of her breasts.  Women report increased confidence, self-esteem, and femininity once she achieves this desired shape and fullness.  Breast lifts may or may not be performed with implants – the implant would add increased size but also greater fullness in the upper pole of the breasts which creates more cleavage.  Deciding if you are happy with your size at this time will make your decision.  Surgical procedures are the only method to achieve the results that you are looking for.  

So, the changes of your breasts are normal and will continue to occur.  The decision for a breast lift will be up to you...depending on how much you are bothered about the shape as well as your concerns.  Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon well-versed in breast surgery and s/he will assist you in deciding if a mastopexy will be the right decision for you.  Thank you for your question!  Hope that this helps.  Best wishes for a wonderful result!

Breast Lift or Breast Lift with Implants

+1

If you would like more volume or your breasts to be slightly larger or fuller, implants can be placed at the time of the lift.  A full breast lift or a vertical lift may be appropriate.   In general, you can achieve a higher tighter more durable result with the full breast lift.

Breast lift

+1

You appear to be  a good candidate for a breast lift procedure. You may even be a candidate for a vertical lift which would eliminate the inframamamry incision. I would have to see you in person to properly evaluate you.

Breast Lifting Candidate?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

Based on your pictures and concerns, I think that you may be an excellent candidate for breast lifting surgery. Breast augmentation,  should be considered only as you are not pleased with the size/fullness of the breasts.

Most young ladies considering breast lifting surgery are understandably concerned about the resulting scars. Most patients (If properly selected and who are doing the operations and the right time of their lives  psychosocially) accept the scars associated with breast augmentation/breast lifting surgery as long as they are happy with the improvement in contour, size, and symmetry. This acceptance of the scars is the essential “trade-off” associated with many of the procedures we do in the field of plastic surgery.

When the time is right, seek consultation with board certified plastic surgeons. Ask to see lots of examples of their work. Communicate your goals clearly.

Breasts Lift with No Implants

+1

If you are content with your current breast size, then no implant should be considered. The amount of tissue removed during a lift is quite trivial--a tablespoon or two, so no real size change is expected. But the sagging breast can appear larger than the same breast restored to a better position. 

If you lift on arm overhead, this will simulate a lift on that side. Most likely, that breast will appear to be smaller than the other, though obviously nothing has be removed. If the breast seems too small with the arms elevated, consider implants at the time of lifting. 

Given the position of your areolae and nipples, chances are you will need to consider a vertical lift, with an incision around each areola and another from the 6 o'clock position down to the breast fold.

Thanks for your question, and for the photos attached. Best wishes. 

Breasts Lift with No Implants

+1

Thank you for your question and photos.  Based on the photos you would be an excellent candidate for a vertical breast lift.  This procedure is also called the lolipop lift due to the scar around the areola and in the midline of the inferior aspect of the breast.  You can expect about an one half cup size decrease in size and a more youthful position of the nipple,  I reccommend obtaining your goal weight before undergoing surgery.  This is a key to achieving the long term results you desire.  An implant will provide increased upper breast fullness.  If you decide to have an implant placed, breast size can be controlled with the right implant and possible removal of some breast tissue.  Good luck and i hope this helps.

Bernard Kopchinski, MD, FACS
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Good candidate for a breast lift alone

+1

Thank you for the question and the photos.  If you are happy with your current breast size then a breast lift alone is a good procedure for you.  A breast lift alone using a lollipop or circum-vertical breast lift will allow you to achieve a lifted breast shape with an incision around your areola and down your breast.  Since tissue is not removed during a breast lift your overall breast volume should remain the same.  A breast lift alone will not achieve a full upper pole so this is something to consider.

Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Breast Lift With or Without Implants

+1

Good Morning and thank you for the photos.  Based on your pictures I do believe that a breast lift would be an appropriate procedure to help restore your breast to a more youthful appearance.  You raised a number of issues and I am happy to address each one.

If you were to lose 5 Kg (11 lbs) there is a possibility that your breasts will sag more.  With this in mind, I recommend that my patients try to achieve the weight loss initially so that after a breast lift their breasts do not start to sag again.  

The inverted-T lift will certainly address your breast ptosis (sag), however, I would lean more towards a Vertical Lift ('Lollipop') in your case.  The addition of an implant will give you more fullness in the upper part of your breast which is something a breast lift alone is unlikely to accomplish.

I hope you find this information helpful and I wish you all the best with any future procedures!

Louis DeLuca, MD
Palm Beach Plastic Surgeon