How can I get my fake Playboy look back?

In 2001, I got 400 cc saline breast implants. They appeared large, round, full and high like a "Playboy" model. One ruptured six months ago so I had them both replaced with a lift. I am now traumatized. I now have 450 cc's but my breasts appear smaller, droopy and low. My areolas are too high, large and uneven and there is no volume on top. I am to pay the surgeon again for larger implants and then again to remove the scars later. Can this be fixed in one surgery? How can I get my fake Playboy look back?

Implanted look

+9

You can ahceive this look by aggressively removing breast tissue and tightening the skin envelope while using the capsule that had previously been formed to support the implant.  Otherwise you could just airbrush your photos just like playboy does.

The Playboy look...

+3

is hard to achieve with loose, aging breast tissue and knowing all the details of what your had prior to your mastopexy and reaugmentaion.  If your capsules (scar tissue around your original implants) were left intact, your larger implants should maintain or improve the upper pole fullness you wished you had.

It is best for you to discuss your concerns with your surgeon who did the procedure for you.  If you didn't already know, you should find out what his/her revision policy is as well as doctors all have different ones and it behooves the patients to KNOW what this is before choosing their doctor in case less than satisfactory result occur. 

Your desires are difficult to achieve from what I see in your photos.  You can certainly make attempts to elevate your implatns and revise your mastopexy but you have to understand that if your implants do not hold their new position, you will have an even more unsual result.  Please make sure you communicate your concerns with your surgeon and know the "what ifs" should they occur.  Best wishes to you in getting your "Playboy Look" back.

Curtis Wong, MD

Breast implant revision

+2

Much of the final “look” achieved after breast augmentation revision surgery  depends on several factors:
1. The initial shape, size (volume of breast tissue), symmetry of the patient's breasts. In general, the better the  preoperative breast appearance the more likely the breast augmentation “look” will be optimal.
2. The experience/skill level of the surgeon is important in determining the final outcome. For example, the accurate and gentle dissection of the breast implant pockets are critical in producing  long-term  well-placed breast implants. I personally think that these 2 factors are more important than any others, including type (saline or silicone)  or model (low/moderate/high profile)  of implant.
3. The type of implant used may  determine the final outcome, especially if the patient does not have significant covering breast or adipose tissue. For example, some surgeons feel that silicone implants have a more natural look and feel than saline implants because silicone gel has a texture that is similar to breast tissue. Each patient differs in the amount of breast tissue that they have.  If a patient has enough breast tissue to cover the implant, the final result will be similar when comparing saline implants versus silicone gel implants.  If a patient has very low body fat and/or very little breast tissue, the silicone gel implants may provide a more "natural" result.
On the other hand, saline implants have some advantages over silicone implants. Silicone implant ruptures are harder to detect. When saline implants rupture, they deflate and the results are seen almost immediately. When silicone implants rupture, the breast often looks and feels the same because the silicone gel may leak into surrounding areas of the breast without a visible difference.  Patients may need an MRI to diagnose a silicone gel rupture.   Saline implants are also less expensive than the silicone gel implants.
Other differences involve how the breast implants are filled. Saline implants are filled after they’re implanted, so saline implants require a smaller incision than prefilled silicone breast implants.
On May 10, 2000, the FDA granted approval of saline-filled breast implants manufactured by Mentor Corporation and McGhan Medical. To date, all other manufacturers’ saline-filled breast implants are considered investigational.
As of 2006, the FDA has approved the use of silicone gel implants manufactured by the Mentor Corporation and Allergan (formerly McGhan) for breast augmentation surgery for patients over the age of 22.
4. The size and model of breast implant used may  make a  significant difference in the final outcome. Therefore, it is very important to communicate your size goals with your surgeon.  In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “C cup” or "fake looking" means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.
I use  intraoperative sizers and place the patient in the upright position to evaluate breast size. Use of these sizers also allow me to select the breast implant profile (low, moderate, moderate plus, high-profile) that would most likely achieve the patient's goals. The patient's goal pictures are hanging on the wall, and allow for direct comparison.
I have found that this system is very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible.
By the way, the most common regret after this operation, is “I wish I was bigger”.

The fake look

+2

It is hard to say fromthe one photo.  The "Playboy look" as you call it, may only be able to be achieved with the bra on.  Your skin and soft tissues may not be able to support the weight of the implants as well as it used to, and that is why they do not stay as high as they used to.