Breasts Still Uneven and Painful After 2 Revision Surgeries

I had my original implants done in 2004. I have tubular breasts, size AA to a full B/beg C. Since then I've had surgery 2x on only my right breast 4 cap contrac III. In Dec I had surgery b/c it dropped as well. This time the ps put the right implant over the muscle. My left one is under the muscle, the original from 2004 n now hangs over my armpit. I am very unhappy. They look like two different breasts from two different people. They're still uneven n painful. What should I do?

+2

First thanks for posting the frontal photo. And what a history you described. From the photo and history I can advise you need more in person evaluations from boarded PSs. My limited internet opinion is to address the left capsular contracted breast now. Change position of the implant, remove most of the capsule, repair the lateral displaced pocket. Than place a new above the muscle implant in a slightly lower position to TRY to match the right result. I think your right resultant breast is very acceptable. That is why I recommend to match the left to the right. Best of luck.

Multiple surgeries breast

+1

This is not an easy situation.tubular breast deformities can be very difficult to treat.if your right breast is soft and OK then I would reposition the left implant into the same tissue plane as the right and maybe consider a textured gel implant.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Revision surgery often predicts more revision surgery

+1

As you will likely agree, it is very important to get the first revision right because the biggest rpedictoe of revision surgery is a previous revision surgery. Each time it gets more difficult because of scar tissue and other factors. While no one can give you specific advice without seeing you personally, from the photo it appears that you might consider placing the left one over the muscle if you like the right side.

Richard Baxter, MD

+1

After seeing your photos and reading your history, I would strongly recommend that you see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for an in person evaluation. There is alot to discuss with you regarding the pro's and con's of re-operation, the liklihood of re-encapsulation of the contracted breast, as well as your options for surgery for improvement of your breasts.  With looking at your photos, if you did elect to have surgery, I would recommmend a capsulectomy of the encapsulated breast, placing the implants in the SAME pocket, and doing a mastopexy. But as I said, there is alot to discuss with you on these procedures.  Good luck!

Amy T. Bandy, DO, FACS
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Uneven painful breasts after two breast augmentations

+1

The first question you should ask yourself is can you live without breast implants. It is likely that your breasts were very different to begin with, and it appears that the right breast has a capsular contracture pushing the implant upward. After multiple surgeries and painful breasts it may be reasonable to give up on both implants, rest the tissue, and consider mastopexy or lift as an option to help even and shape the breasts.

peterejohnsonmd

Breast Revision

+1

Your photos do indicate a significant problem. Though problems like yours are rare, do not give up hope.  We often see patients with very complicated breast surgeries and are able to produce very pretty results. I would suggest you speak with a surgeon who understands your concerns and is able to explain a strategy that seems reasonable to you.   There are many different approaches to these problems and there is no one way that is always correct. 

Marc Schneider, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Deformity after breast augmentation

+1

It appears from your story and pictures as if you had/have a very difficult deformity to begin with.  This is complicated by the fact that you are experiencing severe capsule contracture problems.  There are several options including taking the implants out for a while and starting over at a later date.  I believe most of us, as experienced surgeon, have unfortunately, seen these cases on rare occasion.  It would be less than forthright not to tell you how difficult this situation is.

Wishing you all the best.

Talmage J. Raine, MD

Problem with breasts

+1

It sounds like you need another opinion on what to do, but the photos just do not look right. You may have to wait a while to have  a revision if they were just done. Also reviewing the old records and photos would be helpful.