My Breasts with Implants Have Not Changed at All During This Pregnancy, Can I Expect This Once I've Given Birth?

I have 450ccs under the muscle through crease and I am 8 months pregnant now. My breasts still look exactly the same except maybe slightly bigger but not by much. Does this mean my surgery results will stay the same after I give birth? I know once the milk comes in they will also grow a bit but I don't see any droopiness or sagging so far. I had my surgery 2 years ago....

Pregnancy changes

+1

Changes in breast size or shape with pregnancy is often difficult to predict. The same is true for changes after pregnancy.  Your breast contains both fat and gland, both of which have changes during pregnancy.

Ptosis after pregnancy

+1

Every patient is different; but ptosis after pregnancy with breast engorgement is not uncommon.  To what extent this will affect your result is unknown.  Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Donald Nunn, MD

Breast droop is not a given with pregnancy

+1

Breast droop or ptosis is not a given with pregnancy, and most will not get it. Your nipple position is likely to stay the same before and after breast feeding. Breast droop is more often related to genetics, some breast are just shaped this way, and weight loss because of the expanded skin envelop from  the excess weight.

peterejohnsonmd

Breast augmentation

+1

No.  Following pregnancy the breasts may still change, and become droopy.  That will probably following nursing, the breast may droop.

Shahin Javaheri, MD

Breast implants and pregnancy

+1

Congratulations on your pregnancy, the fact that your breasts haven't changed much yet bodes well for you, but you still have to go through breast feeding and probably will see some changes after that. The changes may be for the better however, recently I saw a patient who had  had three pregnancies after her augmentation, and she looked fantastic, so there is no way of accurately predicting the eventual outcome, time will tell. Best of Luck

Johan E. Brahme, MD

Changes in breast appearance after pregnancy

+1

The breast can certainly change as a result of pregnancy.  The fact that your breast has not changed a lot during the pregnancy is a good thing.  If you plan  on nursing you may see some changes that will likely be more pronounced the  longer you nurse.  Best answer is wait and see as it is impossible to predict.  Good luck with the pregnancy.

Beverly Friedlander, MD
Short Hills Plastic Surgeon

Expected Breast Changes With Pregnancy

+1

It is good that you haven't seen major changes with your pregnancy thus far, but you still aren't done with the process. Your breasts will become even large with the active production of milk, but the changes will likely result once you are done with breast feeding. The post-pregnancy changes of the development of excess skin (currently there is enough volume to fill up the skin) and loss of breast tissue (atrophy). That leaves you with a little too much skin and less breast volume.  However, some women will have very little change to their breasts after surgery and you might be one of the lucky ones.

Best of luck

Vincent Marin, MD

Vincent P. Marin, MD

Changes after pregnancy with breast augmentation

+1

No, the breasts may still change as pregnancy and/or breastfeeding continues. Many women will lose brast volume and/or experience some breast ptosis (drooping) after breast feeding.

On this site, I do my best to give advice without a physical examination but I want you to know that a physical examination by a board certified physician is always the best way to get the most accurate information.