Breasts Hardening with Activity - Sign of Capsular Contracture?

I had silicone gel implants 8 days ago. Whenever I am mildly active, e.g. walking or doing simple tasks, I have the sensation of my breasts tightening and hardening, followed by pain in the right breast. This is relieved when I lie down, but I am worried about capsular contracture. Should I be worried?

Post-operative Breast Augmentation Discomfort

It takes months for the inflammation of breast augmentation to subside and soften completely. At a week after surgery the changes you describe are most likely a sign you are "over doing it" than of anything else. Capsular contractures take months to appear not a few days so you can be assured in this regard. If you have any question, I am sure your plastic surgeon would like to be there for you and re-assure you. Please, go see him/her. You will feel much better after wards.

Firmness in breasts

At one week post-operative you probably have alot of swelling.  As you increase activity you will see more swelling for the next few months that is most likely what the firmness is about. But certainly you should ask your doctor.

Breasts Hardening with Activity - Sign of Capsular Contracture

Caspsular contrature does not develop within 8 days after surgery. Most likely this is spasm of the pectoralis muscle.