My Breasts Are Flat Post Reconstruction/Revison

I had bilateral mastectomies with immediate bilateral reconstruction with implants and free nipple grafts 1 week ago. I had 600 cc saline implants before the surgery which were replaced with 800 cc silicone. My breasts are flat and oddly shaped. Will the implants drop like they did after my first surgery and will my breasts become less flat?

Breast reconstruction, nipple reconstruction, breast cancer, DCIS, mastectomy, TUG flap, DIEP flap, Latissimus flap, fat graft i

+1

Your initial result is very good.  Your breast reconstruction doesn't appear flat.  With 800 cc implants I would not expect a flap reconstruction.  In this early time after surgery things changing all of the time in terms of swelling and inflammation.  Personally you should wait for several weeks to months before making judgements about this.  Keep in contact with your surgeon and express your concerns.

Breast Shape After Breast Reconstruction with Breast Implants: Same Principles

+1

It looks like you likely need a mastopexy or breast lift. Breast shaping principles apply for both cosmetic and reconstruction patients, but the only difference in maintaining skin viability in the post-mastectomy patient, but nipple movement should be straightforward. You would likely need lifting and tightening of the skin, but I would recommend doing this after you are healed. I hope this helps. Dr. Trussler

Un happy post mastectomy result

+1

Dear Queenofdiamunds,

From your photos I congratulate your surgeon on a great outcome.  Reviewing the chart on my desk, the largest implant on the list is 800ccs.  Perhaps after a year you could request that some custom larger implant be special ordered to replace your current implants.  Until then I would focus on your overall health.  Good luck

Tyler Plastic Surgeon

Assess your results based on your reconstructive problem

+1

For the type of breast shape you have and the fact of the mastectomies, you have a superb result--symmetrical, normal skin, excellent scar placement, and a normal shape.  Congratulations to your surgeon.  I hope that you will be able to appreciate what you and your surgeon have achieved.

Nashua Plastic Surgeon

Breast Reconstruction

+1

Your breasts look recently reconstructed.  Give it time to settle in and get its final shape.  800cc implants are pretty large and will drop.

Patience is key at this stage

Sincerely,

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Mastectomy

+1

Remember you had a MASTECTOMY and reconstruction.

Your RECONSTRUCTION LOOKS GOOD