My Breasts Look Flat in the Middle and Not Correctly Shaped Post-surgery

. Silicone 397 cc. Riding high. I am depressed. I just had the surgery a few days ago. Saw the surgeon who put it off on me telling me I needed to push hard in massage to get the riding high implant to come down and also inward. Why is this on me? When I had the first implants (30 years ago) I looked and felt great afterward. now I feel depressed, abnormal looking; it's kind of flat above the nipple and yes high riding but then not so much from the fold to the nipple and one of the scars is above the fold. Not happy. help.

MORE INFO PLEASE byVillar

+1

Photos with arms relaxed at sides and description of both surgeries.  Saline/silicone, over/under muscle, original preoperative photos .  We can better advise you with more information please.  Best wishes. Knowledge is power.  Luis F. Villar MD Best FACS

Unhappy After New Implants

+1

In order to answer your questions an exam and photos are needed. What surgery was done? Did you have scar tissue? Are your implants under the muscle?

Richard Linderman, MD

Early Breast Revision Surgery Results

+1

It is very hard to address your concerns without photographs. That being said, you are only a few days out from surgery and so there are a lot of factors that can be contributing to your breast shape such as swelling. Although it is easy to tell you to wait it out, that is also the wise thing to do. Implants, whether they are primary or revision surgeries, require time to settle. How much time varies from person to person but most plastic surgeons would advise waiting at least 6 months before embarking on more surgery.

Hope that helps!

Dr. Babak Dadvand

Babak Dadvand, MD

Implant exchange issues

+1

I am sorry that you are so down. But, give it tiem, the impalnts more than likely will come down.  As for being different than the previous surgery, there are alot of variables that have to be taken inot account based upon your history and the procedure which are not available formyoru description.

Dissatisfaction with Breast Implant Exchange

+1

I do not mean to make light of your condition but without an examination, much less a clear photograph, it is hard to advise you. Your statement : "I feel depressed, abnormal looking; it's kind of flat above the nipple and yes high riding but then not so much from the fold to the nipple and one of the scars is above the fold. " is not sufficiently descriptive and does not even tell us if you had a simple implant exchange, an exchange with capsulectomy or an exchange with a breast lift and if so which type.

As my colleagues have pointed out to you, this is not the final result. You need to wait a few months for the swelling to go down to see where this operation leaves you. You may be surprised to find out that it may look better than you think. Give it time. If you are still unhappy in 6-8 months time, then would be the time to consider a revision.

Dr. Aldea

Upper pole swelling and fullness soon after breast implant surgery is common

+1

Without photos, it is very diffcult to understand your description. In any case it is very early after surgery. If your breasts are relatively even, I would give it time to settle.

Please wait

+1

You just had surgery and tissue still swollen . If you have trusted your surgeon to operate on you,please trust him and wait at least few weeks. You can attach picture to evaluate the results better.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon