How Can I Keep my Breasts from Falling to the Sides After Correcting?

6 weeks post op. I had a lift, implant exchange and areola reduction. My main complaint with my old implants was they fell to the sides, so my doctor said he would internally create smaller pockets to fix this problem. They look great now, but I am concerned that once I go back to wearing normal bras and excercise, that my breast will begin the fall to the sides again. I do feel like they have begun to look more wide than they did immed. post op. What can I do to keep my breasts together?

Implants falling to the side

+1

For patients who have capsulorrhaphy performed (internal sutures) to assist with better placement of the implants, it is important to allow things to heal properly and also to use as much support as possible after surgery - like sleeping with supportive bra.

Use night time adn supportive bras to minimize falling of the breasts to the side

+1

For patients with excessively lax pbreasts or following lateral capsulorrhapy, I encourage them in the long time use of a night time bra to minimize lateral displacement of the implants and falling to the side

Implants going to the side

+1

It sounds like your surgeon performed an internal capsulorrhaphy which should do the trick.  You can not guarantee that his will last forever.

Faith

+1

It sounds like things are going well after your surgery.  All you can do is allow the body time to form a new smaller capsule.      Wear supportive bras and follow your surgeon's advice.  At some point you must trust that the majority of your implant's new positions will remain.  

Good Luck

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Capsulorrhaphy and Breast Revision

+1

The size of the implant has a lot to do with this as does the width also.  If you have a large implant this is an inevitable issue.

I recommend to all my patients who have undergone these procedures is to always wear a sleep bra or sports bra to bed to help support their breasts while sleeping. 

Hope that helps.

Farbod Esmailian, MD

Breasts are shaped internally with breast lift.

+1

Hi.

After six weeks, you do not have to take any special precautions.  The right shape and position of the breasts is hopefully achieved by the surgery, and by now you should be thoroughly healed.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)