Breasts Dropping Unevenly at 3 Weeks?

I am 3 weeks post op..i have saline..under the muscle..round smooth..mod plus I was told to wear the strap around my breasts to help them drop. My left breast has dropped very nicely, but not the right. My question is will the left be affected if i wear the strap to help ther right drop? Will the left drop even lower or once the pocket is made, it stays there ? I know over time ofcourse they will sag.. Thank you so much

Breast augmentation at three weeks

+2

At three weeks, it is common for the breasts to drop at different rates.  With your concerns, it may warrant an exam in person.

Concerns at 3 weeks postop

+2

As some of my colleagues have stated, you are only 3 weeks after your surgery.  So it is still early - don't worry.   You implants will likely settle as the swelling slowly resolves.   Please follow your plastic surgeon's postoperative care instructions and followup with him/her as scheduled.  Best of luck.

Dr.Basu

Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Breasts healing at different rates

+2

You are very early into your healing process.  It is very common for one breast to heal faster than the other.  Continue to follow the guidelines of your plastic surgeon and you hopefully will see nice, symmetrical shape further into your healing.  I tell patients they should get a good sense of how they will look at about 3 months post operatively.

Mennen T. Gallas, MD
Katy Plastic Surgeon

Uneven drooping after submuscular breast augmentation

+2

It is too early to assess final results, but an implant that is too high needs to be helped along.  You need a Bandeau Bra with a strap that provides upper pole pressure.  If there is not steady improvement over the next three months you wil likely need a revision.

Daniel Greenwald, MD

You are right to have this concern!

+2

If one breast has dropped, and the other remains high, you are correct to be thinking that you should not be wearing an elastic strap above the breast that needs to drop no further!

Actually, your story is more common than not, and when this happens to one of my own patients, I have them wear their elastic bandeau above the "high" breast and below the breast that is in good position, "Mexican gun belt" style. (If you wear a T-shirt over your elastic strap and safety pin the strap to the T-shirt it will stay in place; otherwise it often "falls" below the breast it was designed to stay above!) This helps keep the low breast in place, and allows the "slow one" to catch up, which it usually does over time.

But before following my advice you should be asking your own surgeon. I see my patients the day after surgery, at one week, 2-3 weeks, 4-6 weeks, etc. as needed to assess and advise them on such topics. If you don't have an appointment in the next few days, make one, or at least consider a call to ask if it is OK to follow this recommendation. Best wishes! Dr. Tholen

Richard H. Tholen, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Breast Asymmetry after Breast Augmentation?

+2

Some degree of breast asymmetry after breast augmentation surgery is very common.  Often this breast asymmetry improves as time goes on and the breast implants fully “settle ". In regards to the use of the strap,  it is best to  review its use with your plastic surgeon who is in the best position to advise you after direct examination. Ask him/her if massage  of the breasts will be helpful in their opinion.

Pole wrap to push breast implants down after breast augmentation

+1

Thank you for your question. Although it is common for breast implants to fall at an uneven rate during the first few weeks after breast augmentation you should see your plastic surgeon and ask if he or she is concerned that the left side is moving down too quickly. Sometimes combining a pole wrap with a bra can help. Be sure to seek your plastic surgeons advice

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Uneven breasts 3 weeks after implants

+1

Hard to say anything without photos.  You are still very early in the post operative course.  Usually implants start to drop at 3 weeks.  Please follow your plastic surgeons instructions, and let him know your thoughts.

Jeffrey Roth, MD

Implant dropping and the effects of the bandeau.

+1

The breast bandeau hastens the process of implant "dropping." Although even pressure may be applied to both implants, typically one drops before the other. Keeping the bandeau at the level of the higher implant is important to push on the elevated implant and not on the lower one. 3 weeks is still very early. Massage of the elevated implant in a downward direction often helps the implant lower as well.

David Bogue, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Assymetry post aug

+1

I would be aptinet and perhaps massage the breat that hasn't dropped as much.Three weeks is still early in the process.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon