Should my Breasts Have Dropped by 9 Months Post-op?

It has been 9 months since my breast lift and augmentation and my breasts have not completely dropped. In fact the doctor says they are moving back up now. He wants to do a bilateral open capsulotomy. Should I wait any longer for them to drop or just go ahead with the surgery now?

Breast Implants Settling and Capsulotomy?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

Given your description of events,  you will likely benefit from the procedure your plastic surgeon is recommending. if further tightening of the skin envelope is necessary  (revision mastopexy),  this can be done at the same time.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_breastRevision.htm

Breasts at 9 months

+1

It is very difficult to tell what is going on with your breasts with the one photo.  If the implants are tight and not dropping you may indeed need an open capsulotomy. An exam would give me the answers.

my breasts have dropped by 9 months post-op

+1

YE! But from your so kindly posted photos I feel you need a complete revision of the lift and capsular fibrosis. Seek opinions and discuss with surgeon.

Are the implants the problem or is it your tissue?

+1

It is unusual to have symmetrical capsular contractures so unless you and your surgeon feel that your implants are moving up and the pockets feel firmer than they did, the problem is more likely that your tissues need further tightening to get them up onto the implants by re-doing the lift.

Breast implant dropping

+1

You appear to have had a lift incision as well. Your surgeon should analyze closely if the problem is implants too high or residual sagging or both.

How long to wait for breast implants to "drop" following augmentation

+1

Nine months is usually sufficienbt time for the breast implants to drop. IF they are "moving up", this may be an indication of capsular contracture and I would proceed with your surgeon's recommendations.

Web reference: http://bodysculptor.com/breast.html