Breasts Have Not Dropped at 2 Months Post Augmentation? (photo)

I originally was a size 34b-36a and recently underwent a breast augmentation in April. My surgeon inserted the Mentor smooth round moderate plus silicone gel, 350cc in my left breast and 375cc in my right breast. It has already been two months since my surgery, and I was just wondering if my breasts will continue to drop. I have not noticed a flap underneath, which I originally wanted. Also, I have not produced much cleavage. Do you think any of this will change?

Implants Have Not Dropped

+2

Thank you for your photos.  Your breast will probably not "drop" any further at this point.  You breast look a bit small for the size of implants placed so production of more cleavage will not come from your breasts but more than likely from a bra.

Dr. ES

Breasts looking good two months after the operation.

+2

I personally don't see any problems with a breast augmentation provided in the pictures. Physical examination of course would be useful but I don't see anything to worry about.

Breasts Have Not Dropped at 2 Months Post Augmentation?

+2

I don't know about whether or not they have dropped since surgery, but they appear well positioned, and a nice outcome it appears. More cleavage will not occur, since your breasts are rather widely separated naturally. 

Enjoy the nice result. All the best. 

2 months post op, will my breasts drop more?

+1

It looks like you have a nice result!  Keeping in mind that everyone is different and heals at different rates, it's only been a couple of months and so far everything looks good from the photos.  Your breasts can change up to 6 months!  As for cleavage, your breasts are naturally placed far apart, so with this size of implant and what you started with, I don't think you will get more cleavage without wearing a bra.  They look nice and you appear to be healing well! Give it some more time but in the mean time, enjoy! ac

Angela Champion, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Changes in breast shape after augmentation

+1

From looking at your pictures, your implants appear to be in a reasonable position. Your cleavage and breast shape are much improved when comparing to the pre-operative appearance. Wearing a bra will of course improve your cleavage as well. I have found that changes can occur over the first 6 months or so after a breast augmentation, so you may look a little more "settled" in the months ahead.Any degree of encapsulation will cause the implants to be high riding, and only be examining you can this be determined.

Brian D. Kent, MD
Tulsa Plastic Surgeon

Implants Settle for up to Six Months; There are limits to Cleavage

+1

Please be reassured.  You look great so far.  In my experience implants can drop for up to 6 months or a bit more.  A lot depends on your skin type (stretchy skin will allow implants to settle more, and more quickly).  Cleavage depends on how far apart your nipples are pre-op and how wide (and therefore how large) you go with implants.  Larger implants give more cleavage, but there are practical limits.  Sometimes larger is too large.  And sometimes wider implants are too wide.  Good luck!

James N. Romanelli, MD, FACS
Long Island Plastic Surgeon

Further Changes Expected after Breast Augmentation Surgery?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures. Overall, it seems like you have achieved a very nice result after breast augmentation surgery.  I expect that most of the changes that will occur have occurred already;  however, do not be surprised if the breast implants shifts to a lesser degree over the course of the next several months.

My best suggestion would be to enjoy the outcome of the procedure performed.

+1

Appears as a very acceptable result for the implant size chosen. Best to follow up with your chosen surgeon. 

Breasts to drop more?

+1

Your implants look to be in the correct position. They probably will not drop anymore. Good luck and enjoy.

Augmentation 2 months out

+1

and your results look great.  If you want more cleavage from the implant, you have to consider going larger (my most common complaint - wish I went larger).  Otherwise a bra should create that for you if your implants have good mobility.  You implants look to be in a good place and if you want to keep your upper pole fullness, you should be supporting them with a bra.

Curtis Wong, MD