New Breasts Point Down 2 Days After Surgery

I am two days post-op and freaking out over their appearance. They are flat and hard on top and still droop down at the bottom. I am hoping the implants were inserted high so when they drop they will sit further down and create more fullness. Right now, they are pointing downward looking like torpedos. When I wear a shirt with no bra, they look the same as they did pre-op. They are definitely not perky. My question is, is this normal and how much will they change over the next few weeks?

Appearance of breasts soon after breast lifting

+1

it is quite common for breasts to have a full appearance up top and for the breast tissue to be pointing downwards in the early weeks following breast lift. This will frequently improve b 3 weeks but may take up to 9 months before a stable appearance is achieved.

Nipples pointing downward

+1

Early post-op after breast augmentation may give the appearance of nipples pointing downward.  Give them a few months to settle before getting too strung out.

They may settle

+1

Your implants may be a bit high in the pocket.  They usually settle and can be coaxed to settle with specially placed garments and implant displacement exercises.  Keep all of your follow up appointments with your surgeon.  Most importantly keep the lines of communication open.

Enjoy your journey.

Dr. ES

Floor Pointing Breasts Shortly After Breast Augmentation May or May not be Temporary

+1

It is impossible to advise you without an examination or photographs. You describe your breasts as : "...flat and hard on top and still droop down at the bottom.... pointing downward looking like torpedos. ...definitely not perky. " This description could be consistent with post-surgery spasm with temporary elevation of high profile implants, with a breast augmentation when BOTH augmentation and lift were called for OR a breast implant pocket under-dissection with poor implant placement.

The next few weeks will tell you which case this is. I would recommend you discuss this with your surgeon and let him guide you.

Results after breast implants

+1

Without pre and post op pictures it is hard to give you specific advice.  However, a few days after surgery the look of your breast is much different than a few weeks or months after surgery when the tissues have settled and the swelling has resolved.  It sounds like you should address your concerns with your surgeon to see if everything is healing as expected.  Good luck.

Web reference: http://www.ShaferPlasticSurgery.com

Breast appearance after augmentation

+1

I think most of us would agree that it's hard to know what the final result of a breast augmentation will be so early after your procedure, but it sounds like you possibly needed a lift as well-- hard to know without preop photos however.  I would give it some time and let things settle down and then discuss your concerns with your surgeon;  should you need a lift, it can often be done as a separate procedure, but I wouldn't rush into it right away.

Web reference: http://www.drsalemy.com

Breasts pointing down after augmentation

+1

This is a situation where a photo is a must but your description makes me worry that you needed a lift and only got an augmentation.  Implants don't lift the breasts, they only make them larger and can actually accentuate a droopy look when a lift isn't done.