Breasts Concave 2 Days Following Explant...will This Resolve?

I am 50 years old and have had implants for 2 years. I had a lift 1 year prior to the implant. I am 2 days post explant and my upper pole appears concave. I don't feel like I'm drooping too bad, but want to know if with time this may resolve....or is what I see today most likely going to be what I get? Thanks for the help.

Breast Appearance after Implant Removal?

+2

I think you will find that the overall appearance of the breasts will improve as the skin envelope contracts and bounces back. How much the breasts do contract and improve in appearance will depend upon skin elasticity. This process may take several months ( and even up to a year).  Hopefully, at that point you will be pleased with the results of surgery.

Upper pole empty following explant

+2

Things will definitely change in the coming weeks and months, but if you are empty in the upper pole now, this may not improve to any great degree.  You may need another lift, but let everything settle for a few months before making any decisions.

Jonathan J. Staiano, FRCS (Plast)
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Upper fullness lost after implant removal

+1

The greatest sacrifice after implant removal is loss of the upper fullness in the breast which results in a subtle scoop, even though the nipple is nicely positioned above the fold. Some improvement may occur over time but the shape is typical of a 'natural' breast.

peterejohnsonmd

Explantation of breast implant

+1

There is some swelling now, that will improve with time.

However the emptiness in the upper pole of the breast will continue. Treating upper pole emptiness can range from breast lift, implants, and in some cases fat graft.

Drooping after breast implant removal

+1

Unfortunately, you'll most likely need new implants to improve the shape of your breasts.  Since your skin was stretched out from the implants before, the redundant skin is what's most likely causing the loss of fullness.

Jeffrey E. Schreiber, MD

Loss of upper pole fullness

+1

This concavity that you appreciate is the lack of projection and upper pole fullness that you lose when the implnat are removed. It will not come back unless you replace the implant.