3 Months After Breast Augmentation, Nipples Still Point Downward

I am a 25, no kids! Ive always had deflated tubuIar breasts. I underwent a BA with semi lift thru the nipple (silicone, 390 cc, unders). My right one sits higher. Will they D&F anymore? I am quite concerned as the nipples point downward. Revision needed? Anyone else had an issue like this?

Tubular Breast and Breast Implants

+2

Based on your picture, it looks like you have a nice and natural result.  Without seeing your pre-op pictures, it is impossible to comment specifically on your surgical procedure.  If you want more of a lift to your breasts, then you are going to have an incision around your areola and also along the underside of your breast.  So you really need to decide if that incisions are worth the difference in the shape of the breasts.  Good luck.

Tunerous breast correction and persistently low nipples

+1

Tuberous breasts may take up to 6-9 months for the implants to settile and the nipples to rise. However a revision may be necessary.

Correction of tubular breasts

+1

At this point after surgery you have a great result.  From the angle of the photo it is difficult to really judge the position of your nipples, but a higher lift may have required more scars.  I agree with my colleagues that you should be patient for now.  Remember that exact symmetry is not a realistic expectation.

Bruce Genter, MD
Abington Plastic Surgeon

3 Months After Surgery - Still Be Patient.

+1

I think that you really look good so far.  Be patient - anytime you have tuberous type breasts, it can take quite awhile before all the changes occur.  I would give it another 3 months and go from there.  If the nipples are still not in the position that you desire, you may need another lift to elevate them more.  I hope this helps

Christopher V. Pelletiere, MD
Barrington Plastic Surgeon

3 months after breast augmentation, nipples still point downward

+1

WOW! Your expectations are way to high. What a great  result!!!! If you want the nipple/areaolar complex higher than try a crescent lift or donut lift. But I would really reconsider.

From MIAMI DR. B

Asymmetric Nipples after Breast Augmentation

+1

For someone who always had "deflated tubular breasts", you have a great result.

Yes, there is a small asymmetry between the breasts. But I am sure that had you posted your BEFORE picture that asymmetry would be present there as well.

You need to carefully consider your next step taking into consideration that "Better is the Enemy of Good". If you want your nipple/areolas lifted to be more symmetric, you will require more surgery. That would mean at least an additional scar around the areola (periareolar) and potentially further down on the breast (lollipop / balloon type).

Breast implants do not really drop.

+1

Hi.

I think you have a pretty good result after breast augmentation.  Your left nipple is a liitle low.  My advice is to leave well enough alone.  But your breasts will not change significantly on their  own. 

You can consider revision breast augmentation in a few months.  Just be really sure your plastic surgeon understands exactly what you don't like.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Downward pointing nipples

+1

It sounds as if you had relatively difficult breasts to work on. Often, with tubular breasts, changes in both shape, position of nipple, and volume make for a somewhat unpredictable result since you also have to factor in the unknown variable of individual healing. Relative position of the implants or the choice in size can produce the downward pointing nipple. Wait at least 6 months to reassess your options.

Robin T.W. Yuan, MD

Nipples pointing down after a lift

+1

Unfortunately your nipples didn't show on the photo but if they still point down after surgery then you need more lifting done.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS