3 Months After Breast Augmentation, Nipples Still Point Downward

I am a 25, no kids! Ive always had deflated tubuIar breasts. I underwent a BA with semi lift thru the nipple (silicone, 390 cc, unders). My right one sits higher. Will they D&F anymore? I am quite concerned as the nipples point downward. Revision needed? Anyone else had an issue like this?

Tubular Breast and Breast Implants

Based on your picture, it looks like you have a nice and natural result.  Without seeing your pre-op pictures, it is impossible to comment specifically on your surgical procedure.  If you want more of a lift to your breasts, then you are going to have an incision around your areola and also along the underside of your breast.  So you really need to decide if that incisions are worth the difference in the shape of the breasts.  Good luck.

10 East 53rd Street
New York, NY 10022

Tunerous breast correction and persistently low nipples

Tuberous breasts may take up to 6-9 months for the implants to settile and the nipples to rise. However a revision may be necessary.

880 W Central Rd
Arlington Heights, IL 60005

Correction of tubular breasts

At this point after surgery you have a great result.  From the angle of the photo it is difficult to really judge the position of your nipples, but a higher lift may have required more scars.  I agree with my colleagues that you should be patient for now.  Remember that exact symmetry is not a realistic expectation.

Bruce E. Genter, MD, FACS
Abington Plastic Surgeon

2 Park Lane
Feasterville, PA 19053

3 Months After Surgery - Still Be Patient.

I think that you really look good so far.  Be patient - anytime you have tuberous type breasts, it can take quite awhile before all the changes occur.  I would give it another 3 months and go from there.  If the nipples are still not in the position that you desire, you may need another lift to elevate them more.  I hope this helps

Christopher V. Pelletiere, MD
Barrington Plastic Surgeon

1602 Colonial Parkway
Inverness, IL 60067

3 months after breast augmentation, nipples still point downward

WOW! Your expectations are way to high. What a great  result!!!! If you want the nipple/areaolar complex higher than try a crescent lift or donut lift. But I would really reconsider.

6330 Manor Lane
Miami, FL 33143

Asymmetric Nipples after Breast Augmentation

For someone who always had "deflated tubular breasts", you have a great result.

Yes, there is a small asymmetry between the breasts. But I am sure that had you posted your BEFORE picture that asymmetry would be present there as well.

You need to carefully consider your next step taking into consideration that "Better is the Enemy of Good". If you want your nipple/areolas lifted to be more symmetric, you will require more surgery. That would mean at least an additional scar around the areola (periareolar) and potentially further down on the breast (lollipop / balloon type).

6401 Poplar Avenue
Memphis, TN 38119

Breast implants do not really drop.

I think you have a pretty good result after breast augmentation.  Your left nipple is a liitle low.  My advice is to leave well enough alone.  But your breasts will not change significantly on their  own. 

You can consider revision breast augmentation in a few months.  Just be really sure your plastic surgeon understands exactly what you don't like.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

875 Park Ave at 78th Street
New York, NY 10075

Downward pointing nipples

It sounds as if you had relatively difficult breasts to work on. Often, with tubular breasts, changes in both shape, position of nipple, and volume make for a somewhat unpredictable result since you also have to factor in the unknown variable of individual healing. Relative position of the implants or the choice in size can produce the downward pointing nipple. Wait at least 6 months to reassess your options.

Robin T.W. Yuan, MD

462 N. Linden Drive
Beverly Hills, CA 90212

Nipples pointing down after a lift

Unfortunately your nipples didn't show on the photo but if they still point down after surgery then you need more lifting done.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

1135 116th Ave. NE
Bellevue, WA 98004