Are my Breasts Too Close Together 15 Days Post Op?

15 days ago I received mod + 450 cc silicone gel implants, under the muscle, with a lift as well. I know I'm still really early in the recovery process, but the implants are starting to drop and I am concerned they will continue getting closer together. They are already less than two fingers width apart, and the skin between them is not tight against my chest wall. Of course I cannot remember if it ever was, and my breasts were so saggy they definitely SEEMED much farther apart.

Breast augmentation results?

+1

At the stage  in your recovery  it is much too early to know what the final breast implant positioning will look like. For example, many patients will like the cleavage spacing better 2 months after surgery when the swelling has subsided in this area.

Allow yourself  more time for recovery and continued to follow up with your plastic surgeon.

Implants Too Close

+1

It is very early in your recovery and your implants will soften and settle over the next two months. It is highly unlikely that they will move closer together. Synmastia or connection of the implant pockets will result in a band connecting the two implants which you do not describe. Photos would be helpful.  Check with your plastic surgeon.

Richard Linderman, MD

Breasts too close together

+1

Your surgery is still early postop and swelling is common.  Also, tissue stretch flattens the chest and obcures the shape somewhat.  When the tissue relaxes it may improve for you with better definition of your contour.  I hope this info helps.

Ronald H. Stefani Jr, MD

Send pictures

+1
You just had surgery and still have swelling. Give it time to heal. Before and after pictures would help.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Breasts Too Close Together?

+1

In the first two months following breast surgery, there is significant swelling that makes it difficult to judge the outcome of your surgery.  For instance, the swelling of the tissue over your sternum may make your breasts appear too close together.  When you are only 15 days into your recovery, you should probably be patient and allow your body to heal before assessing your result.

David Stoker, MD