Will My Breast Implants Look Bigger Once They Are Settled?

I had my removal and replacement surgery due to capsular contraction 2 days ago. I started with 325 mod+ silicone overs now I have 350 mod+ silicone unders (sub-pectoral) and my breasts look significantly smaller than pre-op. I don't think I have much swelling. After my first BA I was really swollen and as days/weeks went by my breasts got progressively smaller. Should I expect the same this time? I'm surprised at how small they are and confused about drop & fluff that I keep reading about.

You will look smaller than before the revision

+2

A capsular contracture makes you look artificially bigger so when the scar is removed, you will look smaller even with the same sized implants and 25 cc is basically the same size.  Plus going under the muscle takes away about 50 cc of visible volume so you will probably look even smaller in the end after this revision.

Breast implants will will smaller after a plane-switch

+2

Your implants will look smaller in the sub-muscular position- you up-sized by about 25 cc, not enough to notice a real difference. I ususally bump implant volumes by at least 50 cc when doing a plane-switch procedure. The muscle tends to diminish the apparent volume of implants. When the implants 'drop' you will notice more volume in the lower pole of your breasts, but the volume you see now is the volume you'll have long-term.

Web reference: http://www.seattleface.com/html/breast_revision.php

Implant exchange and going over to under

+2

At this time, I suspect that you have significant muscle spasm which is compressing the implants and making them appear smaller.

That all said, you may note a slightly smaller breast than before due to several things including tissue removal, and going under the muscle.

Appearance after implant exchange

+1

Since you maintained essentially the same size (25 cc is not a significant difference, then you will actually appear smaller after you move from overs to unders, and after you resolve the capsular contracture (which provides an artificially large appearance).

Will my Breast Implants Look Bigger Once They Are Settled?

+1

Will my Breast Implants Look Bigger Once They Are Settled? In most instances they will look smaller.

Web reference: http://www.bodysculptor.com/breast-surgery-chicago/breast-enlargement/

Revision

+1

If you had a capsular contracture, your implants were probably pushed up, now they will be coming down and may look a bit different, but sholdn\'t be smaller