Will Breasts Look Bigger After They Drop?

I got my breasts done a little over 2 weeks ago. I am 5'5, 116 lbs. My doctor and I decided to go with 450cc saline, high profile. However, after my surgery he told me he filled it up to 450 but went back down to 435cc because the 450cc looked too big. Its been 2 weeks now and I still wished he went 450cc, will they look smaller the more they drop?

Breast swelling immediately after augmentation

+2

Interestingly from your perspective the breasts will look smaller as they drop because you are looking down at the excessive upperpole fullness. From a frontal view or other people' perspective they may look high and not normal but fuller as they drop into the lower pole of the breasts. Some studies have shown that you may retain as much as 10-15% swelling for 6-9 months after surgery. The 15 cc is no big difference.

Web reference: http://www.bodysculptor.com/breast-surgery-chicago/

15cc Difference in Breast Implant Size

+2

Don't fall in love with a cc.

15cc is one tablespoon.  It is 3% of the volume of a 450cc implant.  After surgery, implants are often swollen, high and a bit goofy looking.  They need time to settle.  The last thing you want to do is go in too early, (during the inflammatory response after surgery).  Give it time and stay in contact with your plastic surgeon.  He will guide you through the process.

Web reference: http://www.jjrothmd.com

435 vs 450cc

+1
Your breasts will have less volume at the top as they settle, but overall should not look smaller. At two weeks you likely have some swelling and as this resolves you may look smaller. 15cc is about one tablespoon of volume - don't fixate on the number. If after several months you are unhappy with your size, discuss it with your plastic surgeon. Best wishes.

The Recovery Period Following Breast Augmentation Is Characterized By Rapid Change

+1

The period of time immediately following breast augmentation surgery is characterized by rapid change.  During this dynamic phase of healing, swelling, muscle spasm, and the healing process itself all contribute to changes in the appearance of a women’s breast.  In some cases swelling and muscle spasm can displace the breast implants in a superior direction when implants are placed beneath the muscle.

When swelling and muscle spasm resolve the implants will drop into a more normal position.  When this occurs patients lose some of their upper pole breast fullness and frequently they perceive this as making their breast look smaller.

Resolution of swelling is a more complex issue.  Obviously, when breast tissue becomes less swollen, the breast ultimately looks smaller as well.  This is often offset by resolution of swelling in the surrounding tissue.  Resolution of swelling in the surrounding areas can bring greater definition to the breasts and actually make them look bigger.

It’s important to remember that 15ccs represents a tablespoon of liquid which is layered over the implant in three dimensions.  This would have a minimal impact on breast size.

The interactions of these variables in the immediate post-operative period make decisions about breast size very difficult.  For this reason, decisions regarding size should be delayed until this dynamic process has run its course.

Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Drop and Fluff after Breast Augmentation Surgery?

+1

Although I cannot provide you with precise advice, I can tell you that patients generally do not "lose a cup size" as the healing process continues.  In my practice, I find that as breast implants “settle” (drop and fluff),  over the course of the first few months, patients feel that their breasts appear larger.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_breastAugmentation.htm

Need time to allow the implant to drop into position

+1

The implant shape may change but they will not looks smaller as they drop. At this point you just need to wait and allow gravity and you tissues to accommodate to the implant volume. 

Appearance of breast augmentation

+1

For your height and weight, I would say that any implant in the 400cc range is generous for you.  Please don't fret too much about 15 cc.  That small volume is barely perceptible.  And, I would not expect your implants to look bigger or smaller after settling out.  But, that may depend on how much swelling and bruising is present.  When they are high riding, they may seem more projected.  When they settle, you may actually see more surface area of the breast when looking at your chest standing in front of a mirror.  The illusion of seeing more surface area (a longer seeming breast) sometimes gives people the impression of a bigger breast.  But, the overall true volume will not change and you will probably look the same in a bra at all points in time.  And, you have a generous breast augmentation for your frame either way.

Swollen breasts after breast augmentation

+1

Immediately after breast augmentation, breasts are swollen and high riding.  The swelling should decrease in 1-2 weeks.  The implants will settle in their pockets in 6-8 weeks.  As the implants settle, your breasts will have more, natural shape; however, they will not look bigger. 

Breasts long term look

+1

usually the breasts are maximaly swollen for the first week or two and then the sweling goes down. So in all likelihood they will look slightly smaller.

No need to stress the size

+1

After a breast augmentation the breasts tend to be very swollen and higher than usual.  Give or take a few weeks and your breasts should start feeling and looking more natural.  However, I would not necessarily say that your breasts would look larger after they drop.  There is such a minute size difference in the 435cc and 450 cc implants that if that is the only reason you are concerned, than you have nothing to worry about.  I recommend you go see the surgeon that performed your surgery for a follow up appointment so that you can discuss your concerns.