Will Breasts Ever Become Somewhat Even? 4 Weeks Post Op Periareolar. (photo)

I'm 4 weeks post opp.Previous 34A w/ 400 filled to 420 both sides with periareaola reduction BOTH sides.Right breast has always been larger.I'm very concerned that It's still MUCH larger,dont really see it changing judging by my photos.My PS took out MORE nipple and skin on larger breast.Don't think he thought is was really bigger,but had more skin?Left breast is higher,smaller and more narrow.I'll give it time but I'm self conscious especially in a bikini.I can't afford surgery again.What do i do?

Asymmetrical Breasts After Surgery

+1

Hi,

Naturally, breasts are asymmetrical as you can tell from your pre-op photo.

At one month post surgery, it is too early to assess the final results that could take around 6 months to get established.

Gravity will have its effect on the left breast and it may drop a little more. As for the size, you may have some solution drained from the right breast if and only if it is necessary after you have reached your final results.

I encourage you to keep your surgeon in the loop of your progress and have a little more patience.

Thank your the photos and for your inquiry.

Best of Luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Web reference: http://www.DrSajjadian.com

Assymetry to breasts

+1

You may need to have a slight post op adjustment but I would wait 2-4 months.It would be easy to remove soem extra saline.

Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Will Breasts Ever Become Somewhat Even? 4 Weeks Post Op Periareolar.

+1

The photos are nicely posted, thanks they help. Unfortunately there was a breakdown in objectives. If you are asymmetric before the surgery and have differing volumes than by augmenting the breasts, the asymmetry and volume differentials are magnified. You need revisional surgery, sorry. I suggest a L-shaped or full lift on the right, and slight volume increase on the left. Where in Florida are you? Seek in person opinions to explain in better detail. PM me or Dr Rieger in Tampa to get additional info. Sorry for the issues and good luck. 

Unequal breasts after breast augmentation

+1

Thank you for your question.  There is a difference in the size of the two breasts, and as long as the volume added to each breast is the same there will always be some asymmetries  to the breasts.  It is true that over time there will be some settling to both breasts, but this most likely will not balance the breast sizes. 

I can understand that at the current time you may not be able to afford further surgery costs.  Please be aware that every patient has differences to the breasts-  after all, none of us have any degree of  symmetry to both sides of our bodies.  For the future it may be  possible to reduce the volume in the implant in the larger implant, and it may still be necessary to perform a more limited lift on the larger breast in an effort to balance the position of both areolae.

Good luck to you for the future.

Frank Rieger  M.D.  Tampa Plastic Surgeon

Web reference: http://w.w.w riegercosmeticsurgery.com

Asymmetric breasts

+1

Yes, there is some asymmetry but as you see in the pre-op photos you already had it. The lower hanging breast was most probably wider as well, that is why the left breast is still tighter.

Uneven breasts need more time

+1

Sorry about your asymmetry, but this may get better over the next couple of months.  Discuss you concerns with your surgeon to see what he can tell you.  If you implants are submuscular, then sometimes one muscle takes longer to stretch and let the implants fall into a more natural position.  Massaging the breasts (with your surgeon's approval and instruction) and possibly an elastic strap (designed for breast implant patients) may help the left side drop faster.  Hope this helps.

Web reference: http://www.naturallookingresults.com

Charlotte Plastic Surgeon