My Breasts Look So Much Better After Lift but Still Seem Very Low

Should I Ask for Another Lift?

The perfect is the enemy of the good

+4

Dear beach31,

You have a very nice result. You didn't mention how long post op you are, or what the specifics of your concerns are, but I assume that may have wanted the nipple position slightly higher or the breast mound to be more elevated on the chest.  I will address these issues, and why I think you have a good outcome.

From the photos, you look like you may have moderately large breasts. Heavy breasts, coupled with stretched skin (most patients who need mastopexy have stretched skin) invariably leads to the breasts descending to some degree, even if the breasts are nicely elevated right after surgery. If my patient wants their breasts to have almost no skin overlapping the fold, I tell them that they need to consider reducing their size as well; otherwise gravity will always win.

As for the nipple position, some may argue that it might be slightly low. If you are still fairly early from surgery (which I will assume because the scars are still pink), there will be some settling of the breast mound (recall the point about gravity). Once settling is complete, the nipple will tend to look like it is more in the center of the breast mound. An experienced surgeon usually has the ability to compensate for the expected descent during surgery, taking into account skin quality, breast weight, etc..., and place the nipple position slightly lower on the breast mound. I have seen patients that have had their nipple position end up being too high after 6-12 mos, when these factors have not been taken into account, and it can be a very difficult thing to fix.

Bottom line: Wait until everything has settled before making a judgment. If you were my patient, I would tell you that going through another breast lift is premature. Even after time has elapsed, I predict that it is likely not worth the small degree of improvement that could be gained. If you wanted a more significant change (ie more lift), reducing the size would need to be considered, and I'm not sure if that is what you are looking for. Remember: "Perfect is the enemy of the good" (Voltaire)

Best regards,

Lawrence Tong MD FACS FRCSC

Can they be more better?

+3

My Breasts Look So Much Better After Lift but Still Seem Very Low. thank you for acknowledging they look  great. why on earth would you change them, they are not too low, only perfectly normal looking. send your surgeon a thank you note.

Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift. Should it be repeated?

+3

Your photos show an excellant result with very good shape, contour and symmetry.  The nipple/areolar appear to be at or slightly above the level of the fold under your breast, which is the correct position.  Elevating the nipple/areolar more could result in problems which would be difficult to fix.  There is still a slight amount of breast tissue hanging below the fold under your breast but appears within normal limits.  Relifting your breasts will likely result in the breasts settling again as no one beats gravity and no ones tissues improve with time.  Desiring all of the breast tissue to stay above the level of the fold under your breast, to give a very "perky" appearance, would not be a realistic expectation. 

Revision Breast Lift?

+2

Thank you for the question and pictures.

It's nice to hear that you appreciate the nice results of surgery you have achieved. If you feel that they can be improved upon,  communicate your concerns with your plastic surgeon ( who has done a nice job for you). Make sure that you do not make a good situation worse.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_breastLift.htm

Breast lift revision

+2

Your breasts from the one view look like they have a nice shape but do look a bit low. Sometimes this can be revised fairly easily.

Lift

+2

The breasts are not low based on the nipple location; rather the fullness in the upper chest is not there.  This would be a difficult problem to address at this point without the use of an implant.  I would not recommend any further lifting at this point.

Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Breat lift

+2

Your breasts appear to have acheived and excellent shape. While further elevation may be possible, ti is likely that this will fall once again after a relatively short period of time.

Breasts Seem Low After Breast Lift

+2

Without the preoperative photo it's difficult to compare.  You have a nice shape to your breasts, but there still is some "glandular ptosis", or sagging to the breast tissue.  A revision of this may improve this, but the longevity is questionable.  Going through with a revision would depend upon how unhappy you are with your breasts now and your expectations for what a revision can do.

Paramus Plastic Surgeon

Breast lifts

+2

You have a very nice result.  The need for a lift means that you have stretchy skin and your result may have settled more than you wanted.  You have skin touching the abdomen again but a very nice shape.  You could redo the lift but the same might happen once more.  Don't fault your doctor here!