What Will my Breasts Look Like After Explantation?

I am a slender 26 year old asian girl with good tissue elasticity. I had 260cc silicon breast implants 4 weeks ago and am planning to get them removed 2 months post surgery. I was originally 10AA and am now a full B cup. I have not experienced any noticeable muscle deformity on flexing with the implants. I am hoping that my skin will bounce back to close to it's original position without any muscular deformity following explantation. Please advise me on what I should realistically expect.

Breast Implant Buyer's Remorse - Breast Appearance AFTER Implant Removal

+3

Regarding: "What Will my Breasts Look Like After Explantation?
I am a slender 26 year old asian girl with good tissue elasticity. I had 260cc silicon breast implants 4 weeks ago and am planning to get them removed 2 months post surgery. I was originally 10AA and am now a full B cup. I have not experienced any noticeable muscle deformity on flexing with the implants. I am hoping that my skin will bounce back to close to it's original position without any muscular deformity following explantation. Please advise me on what I should realistically expect
."

The return of breast skin back to its original condition or closer to it depends on your skin elasticity, the size of the implant and their distortion of the muscle, breast tissue and overlying skin, the way the implants were position and how long they were in place.

A Breast Augmentation is NOT an operation that responds well to Buyer's remorse. You should do all the thinking before surgery not after surgery. Once the implants are removed, the breast will assume whatever position the healing gods have determined to give it and no one can accurately predict  just how acceptable the final size and shape may be to you. But - if anyone was to do well in such a situation it would be someone with your skin type, small implants and a short duration of augmentation.

Dr. Peter Aldea

Early implant removal

+1

Most women who have implants removed will find that their breasts are deflated and the skin sags. But that does depend on the skin quality and thickness and amount of breast tissue. And you are early in the process. The skin will likely not return to exactly its pre-implant condition and the muscle will not be affected. The issue is more around skin stretch and laxity.

Raj S. Ambay, MD

Breast Appearance Following Breast Implant Removal

+1

Unfortunately, there is no way to know for certain what your breasts will look like after breast implant removal.

The primary factor is the elasticity of the breast skin envelope which can vary widely.  Some patients may have sufficient shrinkage of the skin envelope following breast implant removal that the appearance may be satisfactory, while other patients may have breast skin envelopes that don't contract enough.  

This second group of patients may need a breast lift procedure,  that requires additional scars on the breast to achieve a satisfactory result.

While there is no absolute certainty about the outcome of any surgery, a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon will provide you with an expert opinion on your particular case.

Fredrick A. Valauri, MD

Breast implant removal and Breast Appearance

+1

What your breasts will look like after explantation  depends on several factors such as: the quality of skin elasticity (the better the elasticity the better the skin will bounce back),  the size of the implants used (the larger the implant the more trouble you may have with redundant skin), and the amount of breast tissue present at this time (which may have changed since the time of your breast augmentation). 

Life experience since your breast augmentation procedure, such as pregnancy or weight gain weight loss, will  potentially influence the factors discussed above. If you take these factors into consideration and apply them  to your specific circumstances you may get a good idea of what to expect after the implants are removed.

Removing implants

+1

It is difficult to say how the breasts will appear after implant removal. They may look okay especially if you did not go too large and you only recently had the surgery

Removing 250cc breast implants after being in place only 2 months

+1

AT 2 months and at your age, you should see a close return to your original appearance, in my opinion.

Appearance of breast after explantation of implants

+1

If the breast was not distorted by infection or the size, positioning, or approach of putting the implants in, then the breasts should look the same as they would have looked had the implants never been there aside from the scar to put them in which should be in the inframammary crease. This should also be true regardless of when the implants were put in. Properly done, a breast implant acts like a pillow behind the breast and does not do anything to the breast when it is put in or when it is removed. Breasts can change over time, but this would happen whether the implant was there or not. In the case of a few months it is unlikely that the breast changed at all and should look like the preoperative pictures. 

I require all patients to wait a minimum of three months after uneventful healing to be sure they want to remove implants or change the size of the implant. If the patient was well prepared for the surgery and for what to expect from the result, this happens very seldom in my experience.  

Scott L. Replogle, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon

The look after breast implant removal

+1

As Dr. Aldea has said, your's is probably the optimal starting point for a good outcome where you return basically to normal plus the scar.  There are NO GUARANTEES though and infection or exaggerated scar tissues in the pocket can cause the result to implode on itself and leave a very distorted breast.  This is rare but it can happen, so be sure you want them out! 

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Breasts Should Bounce Back to Normal

+1

In your situation, it is realistic to expect that the breasts should bounce back as to their previous size and shape.  When they have only been in a month or so, and with that size implant in place, you should do pretty well.  Just make sure that you wear some good compression around the chest for 2-3 weeks afterwards to help the skin and breast tissue retract. I hope this helps.

Christopher V. Pelletiere, MD
Barrington Plastic Surgeon