Months After Discontinuing Breast Feeding Breasts Still Produce Milk, What Options Do I Have For Breast Implants?

Breastfed 6 children (17 yrs).Weaned 2 yr old on L-9 months & R-7 months ago.I have Pseudo on L & grade 1 R. Went in for breast surgery in July. 4 & 7 mon dry,no milk & breasts were back to normal.When he opened R there was milk.Then he squeezed both nipples and milk came out.He closed me up to be safe. Have appt for new PS with more experience.If I squeeze R 1 milk drop comes out. I am on BC pill.IDK why I have milk. Can I get "Overs" even if I have a drop of milk?Am afraid I will never dry up!

Wait Until Milk Production Stops for BA

+1
The bottom line is that it is safer to have a breast augmentation after all milk production has ceased for some time.  With" just one drop" I would think waiting a few more months should do it. Avoid stimulation of the nipples which can prolong this phenomena and or seek advice from your OB doctor is this persists.

Breast Augmentation while Lactating?

+1

It would be in your best interest  to be seen by  your OB/GYN for assistance in  stopping the lactation. After this is controlled  it will be safer (to avoid complications) to proceed with the breast augmentation surgery.

When the time comes to proceed with the breast augmentation procedure.... it will be very important to communicate your goals with your surgeon.  in my practice I find the use of goal pictures to be very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “C cup” or "fake looking" or "top heavy" means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

I use  intraoperative sizers and place the patient in the upright position to evaluate breast size. Use of these sizers also allow me to select the breast implant profile (low, moderate, moderate plus, high-profile) that would most likely achieve the patient's goals. The patient's goal pictures are hanging on the wall, and allow for direct comparison.
I have found that this system is very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible. 
By the way, the most common regret after this operation, is “I wish I was bigger”.

Lactation and breast augmentation surgery.

+1

If you are still producing milk, a consultation with an endocrinologist or your gynecologist is appropriate. The breast implants can wait.

David Bogue, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Breat milk must be dried up before augmentation surgery

+1

It is important that your breast milk has completely dried up before having breast augmentation surgery. If you continue to produce milk, see an endocrinologist or your OB and at least get a prolactin level drawn.

I once had to urgently remove breast implants from a women who had breast augmentation by another surgeon while she was still producing milk. Both of her pockets had filled with milk and she had extreme pain and swelling. I thought initially that they were both infected because of her presentation and the severe inflammation of the tissues at the time of surgery. It turns out it was just breast milk.

James McMahan, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

+1

Best to either see you GYN doctor or an endocrinologist to evaluate the reason for continued lactation before considering breast implants. At least in my practice that is how I would handle your issues. 

Breast milk and breast augmentation

+1

Any breast stimulation will increase prolactin levels and stimulate breast milk production. After breast feeding many children over long periods of time you may have to be patient, wear the snuggest of bras to help dry things up, and might check in with your OB if things don't cooperate. Even sexual activity can set the breast off track. Your surgeons experience should tell him to wait before implants.

peterejohnsonmd