Breast Lift and Lower Facelift Together?

I'm 44 and had a breast reduction in 1989. The procedure was successful aside from needing radiation under my breasts for keloids. As I am older now with sagging skin I'd like to reduce my breasts slightly as well as lift them and am wondering if I could combine such a surgery with a lower facelift. The facelift would be much more minimal than the breast so I'm wondering if I could combine the two or whether it would be too complicated/dangerous. What do you think?

Combined plastic surgery procedures

+3

Personally, I would not recommend doing these together but as long as the procedure is well under 6 hours in length and your surgeon feels it is reasonable, then you can do these together.  You might have keloid problems in the breasts again.

Breast Lift and Lower Facelift Together

+1

Provided you are in good health and the time under general anesthesia is deemed to be acceptable (which it should be), then it would be feasible to have the breast lift and lower facelift at the same time. Consult with 3 - 4 experienced and expert board certified plastic surgeons to explore your options.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Its more about the anesthesia

+1

While both procedures can be done at the same time it really depends on your health.  At your age and if you don't use nicotine and you are otherwise healthy you could undergo a five hour anesthesia without raising the risk of complications from it.  The pain from one of these procedures will not be worse than doing both together.

Phillip C. Haeck, MD

Combination lower facelift and breastlift

+1

It makes sense to combine 2 operations, to allow one recovery and probably a lower cost. In general it is safe to perform facial and breast surgery in a combined procedure. The key is to meet with a Board certified Plastic Surgeon who can perform both of these procedures and discuss them with her/him. If you developed significant scarring with prior breast surgery, this may be a problem again; and particularly may be a problem with facial incisions and scars. This issue needs to be discussed with the surgeon.

Michele A. Shermak, MD

Lower Facelift and Breast Lift together

+1

In theory it would be possible to do both of these procedures at the same operative setting, however it depends on the complexity and time it takes to do each procedure.

Do you have a lot of loose skin, extra fat, or muscle bands under your chin? If so, then the correction will be more complex, will take more time, and your "lower facelift could eat up a good chunk of the day.

Having keloids that are so severe as to require radiation therapy for treatment is a little unusual. This would suggest that you have a very strong propensity to forming keloids and could mean that you have an increased for recurrence, and it may have implications for your facelft surgery as well. Also, if your breast have been irradiated, then you have a significantly higher risk of complications, skin and/or nipple compromise, with your breast sugery.

So it's sounding as if this might not be the best combination for you.

Braden Stridde, MD
Federal Way Plastic Surgeon

Lower neck lift and breast lift

+1

I don't see any problem with offering my patients a lower face lift and breast lift at the same time.  This should be done easily in less than 6 hours.  Assuming your health permits, this should not be an issue.  Make sure you are seeing a surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery (a "facial plastic surgeon" is not and does not do breast surgery)

Samer W. Cabbabe, MD, FACS
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Combining other procedures with a lower facelift surgery.

+1

Dear Dlite from California,
In regard to combining a lower face lift and breast reduction surgery safety, it is certainly safe and done by many surgeons including me. It depends on required time for each procedure and also your general health. Lower face lift surgery usually takes about one and half hours and a secondary breast lift about two and half hours. If duration of surgery for combing procedures are not longer than 6 hours and you’re in good general health, you should be fine.

Kevin Sadati, DO

Breast Lift and Lower Facelift done together

+1

It is certainly acceptable to do both of these procedures together. It really is going to depend upon the required amount of time for each procedure being performed. The longer the surgery, the longer the recovery time will be. If both procedures can be done within five to six hours, this would be ideal and is probably acceptable to proceed with performing these two procedures together.  

Breast surgery and face lift

+1

Combination surgery is commonly done. One has to consider the general health of the patient, number of hours of the surgery, and patient safety.

Consider a second opinion because only after examination and review of history can give you an intelegent answer

Breast lift and face lift together

+1

This really depends on your overall health and the anticipated length of the combined surgical procedure. However, I would be concerned about the possible recurrence of the keloids and you should discuss this with the surgeon.