I'm 23 yrs old. Can I Breastfeed with Implants?

I'm 23yo and considering implants. I have very little breast tissue to begin with, and concerned that if I get implants I will not be able to breastfeed in the future. What is the evidence on breastfeeding with implants?

Breast feeding with implants

+1

Hello. Breast feeding with implants is rarely a problem. The dissection done to create a pocket for the breast implant should have no interference with the milk ducts

Jaime Perez, MD
Breast Augmentation Specialist
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Can I Breastfeed with Implants?

+1

Not every women with implants can breast feed, not every woman without implants can breast feed.

The implant is placed entirely behind the breast or more deeply behind the breast and pectoral muscle. Nothing is done by any technique to separate the nipple and areola and their ducts from  the breast tissue below. The overwhelming majority of patients getting breast implants are capable of nursing. 

All the best. 

Women with breast implants can breast feed.

+1

Breast implants do not have an effect on breast-feeding. Not all women are capable of breast-feeding after pregnancy but breast augmentation has no effect, one way or the other.

Breast Feeding after Breast Implants

+1

Breast feeding should not be affected by the placement of breast implants, if properly executed. Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA