I Got Breast Augmentation About 3 Weeks Ago. Fear of Infection?

My left breast seems to be healing quite well but my right one, not so much. The incision was through the nipple and its still bleeding and there's some puss or something. I shower daily and apply some Neosporin the doctor told me to apply at my one week check up but i see no improvement. I'm seriously freaking out, i don't know what to do. HELP!

Breast Augmentation 3 Weeks Out and Concerns for Infection

+2

If there is continued drainage from an incision at 3 weeks following breast augmentation, the plastic surgeon should examine you again.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

3 weeks post-op and wound still draining?

+2

This is a concern and I hope you have visited with your surgeon to get this resolved.  If your mound isn't inflamed or reddened, it could be something simple.  Regardless, your surgeon must help you through this process and supervise your recovery.

Curtis Wong, MD

Breast Implants

+2

If you are still experiencing drainage from the incision around your nipple after 3 weeks there may be reason to be concerned.  You should  be evaluated by your plastic surgeon for infection (cultures should be taken of the fluid) or possible hematoma or seroma.  Your plastic surgeon should be able to discern the cause after a thorough exam.

Lawrence Enisman, MD
Albany Plastic Surgeon

Postoperative concerns.

+2

It is always best to be seen by your original surgeon and discuss concerns you might be having about your postoperative course.  There can be differences in healing between sides, this is not uncommon.  It is important that your surgeon knows what is going on and if there is a change they especially need to know.

Gary A. Tuma, MD, FACS
Princeton Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation and wound issue

+1

I think that you need to see you surgeon and be followed very closely for your wound issue. It is difficult to tell you what to do without an exam.

Breast Augmentation with fear of Infection

+1

You should contact your Plastic Surgeon, and see him as soon as possible.  He may want to send some of the fluid to the pathologist to check for infection.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

See your surgeon

+1

This is a situation that can only be truly assessed in person. You need to see your surgeon and discuss these concerns and findings so that you are crystal clear. 

Justin Yovino, MD, FACS