Breast Augmentation 2 Years Ago. Can Still Get Sensation Back?

I feel very upset and sad that i still after 2 year dont have sensation. I only feel pain when I touch... I want to also know that if I get them redone again, will that bring sensation back?

Loss of sensation after breast augmentation

+1

Loss of nipple sensation may occur after breast augmentation, and depends on a number of factors including placement of the incision. It is unlikely that sensation will return after 2 years, but since you do have sensitivity to pain there is still a chance for improvement. Revision surgery would not increase the likelihood of return of sensation.

Loss of nipple sensation is usually permanent after 2 years.

+1

The change of sensation returning is very low at this point. It does occasionally occur with revision surgery but that is extremely rare and I would not count on that.

Loss of sensation 2 years after breast augmentation is permanent.

+1

Hi.

Sorry to tell you bad news. Revision breast augmentation will not restore sensation. This is an extremely rare complication, but of course, that does not help you.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Sensation after Augmentation

+1

All augmentations carry a low risk of permanent loss of nipple sensation, but it would be very unusual to have bilateral loss of sensation.  After 2 years the chances of your sensation returning are extremely remote.  A revision of your augmentation would not lead to a return of the sensation.

John Whitt, MD