I Feel I Didn't Give My Breasts Enough Time to Heal Before Going Back to Work? Breast Wound is Visible and Yellow Drainage.

Please help I have an issue with my right breast after I have had breast augmentation with a lift around two weeks ago, my left breast is healing fine, but I went back to work to early and the right breast seems as if the internal stitches didn't hold and I have some wound issues, my breast drains a yellowish sometimes blood in the drainage, the breast is no more tender than the left breast, help.couldi have caused this from going Back to work to early or is it a bad implant?

See your surgeon

+1
Please see your surgeon as soon as you can. It is difficult to determine the cause of this and it's better to have it checked out. Best of luck.

Drainage post Breast Augmentation

+1
The drainage along with increased tenderness could be a wide range of possibilities including a slight separation of the edges, to a superficial reaction to sutures under the skin, to superficial skin loss, to fat necroiss, to to an infection or seroma. I'd advise you to see your plastic surgeon very soon. It is difficult to determine the cause without a physical examination.

As far as time off work post breast augmentation, each surgeon has his or her own guidelines for recovery. Typically, patients can return to light activity after 5 to 7 days. More strenuous activity may take 3 to 6 weeks. Consult with your board certified surgeon as he or she will understand the scope of the surgery and the specifics of you.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Yellow drainage after breast surgery

+1

The drainage along with increased tenderness could represent an infection or seroma. I'd advise you to see your plastic surgeon very soon. It is difficult to determine the cause without a physical examination. Good luck. 

Jimmy S. Firouz, MD

Wound drainage after breast surgery

+1

Wound drainage can be due to several possible causes, ranging from a slight separation of the edges, to a superficial reaction to sutures under the skin, to a real infection.  You need to see your plastic surgeon as soon as possible.

Bruce Genter, MD
Abington Plastic Surgeon

Drainage after breast surgery

+1

Drainage after breast surgery can represent several different things from superifical skin loss, to fat necroiss, to deep infections, etc.. An in-office exam is essenttial. 

Drainage after breast surgery

+1

You need to follow-up with your plastic surgeon for a formal evaluation immediately.   You could be experience delayed healing (wound edge separation) or an infection.  It impossible to advise you through this medium.   Please see your plastic surgeon ASAP.  Good luck.

Dr. Basu

Houston TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Complication after Breast Augmentation/Lifting?

+1

Unfortunately, it is not possible to give you good advice without direct examination. Your plastic surgeon will be your best resource to advise you;  I would suggest that you seek follow up in the near future.