Breast Uplift During Period?

Hello, I am 30yrs old and I'm due to have an uplift on the 19thFeb (one month today) I just realised that I'll be on the 2nd day of my period. I also have low blood pressure. Is this still safe or should I reschedule? Many thanks A

Menstruation and Breast Lift

+1

Breast lift can be performed at any time during the menstrual cycle.  Kenneth Hughes, MD breast lift Los Angeles, CA

Breast Lifting Surgery and Menstrual Period?

+1

Yes, it is safe to have your procedure anytime during your menstrual cycle. Don't be surprised if your cycle is made somewhat irregular ( or even missed) around the time of the procedure planned.

Best wishes; hopefully, you will be very pleased with the outcome of the breast lifting surgery.

Menstruation during surgery

+1

Hi Ddaughter,

Do not be concerned about having surgery while menstruating.  Interestingly, often the excitemen/anxiety of upcoming surgery causes women to menstruate around the time of surgery even though it is off their schedule.  This is a quite often phenomenon.

Good Luck,

Ary Krau MD FACS

Ary Krau, MD, FACS

Surgery and menstruation

+1

It is OK to have surgery at the same time as you menstruate. It is difficult to time and should cause a problem.

Surgery during a period

+1

The fact that you will be on your period at the time of your surgery might make you a little higher risk for bleeding during the surgery, but this should not be a significant risk and should not be a reason to postpone your surgery.

Edwin C. Pound, III, MD

Breast Uplift During Period?

+1

This should not pose any medical problems. If your breast size changes dramatically during your period, alert your surgeon to this. 

Thanks, and best wishes.