Breast Uplift - Minimal Scar Solution to Very Droopy Breasts? (photo)

Hi, I'm a 34 yr old mom with very droopy breasts, also one breast is much larger than the other. After losing and maintaining a 98 pound weight loss, I am ready for an uplift. However, I am really worried about the scaring! Can I ask what is the best type of uplift with minimal scaring would be for someone with my breast type? would I be able just to have a lollipop scar or with the amount of drooping would I have to have a full anchor type uplift? many, many thanks in advance.

Minimal scars with long term upper pole fullness

+3

There is a better option to the Wise or vertical scar lifts. The Ultimate Breast Lift reshapes and permanently anchors breasts to the chest muscles so that the skin envelope is no longer responsible to keep breasts in place. As every woman knows, skin is simply not strong enough to hold breasts in place. An internal bra of sorts is designed from your own tissue to maintain a conical shape and keep it high on the chest. This new technique was developed using engineering principles to eliminate the vertical scar despite degree of ptosis or breast size. Results are natural, and best of all minimal scarring. The Wise pattern lift (developed in 1957) is no longer your only alternative.

Kind regards,

Dr. H

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift surgery designed to maximize surgical result, and not minimize the scar

+2

Think about the surgical option that would MAXIMIZE your breast shape and longevity of result, and focus less on minimizing scar. I would offer a vertical mastopexy with a Graf flap to augment the central portion of the breast. If you wanted more upper pole fullness, then I would combine a vertical mastopexy with a small silicone implant.

Scott C. Sattler, MD, FACS

Breast lift and scars

+2
Based on your picture you will likely benefit most from an anchor type breast lift with a small reduction on the right side to provide symmetry. Your skin type will typically lend itself to nice scars. Scars are unfortunately needed, but shape always wins and well tailored, well positioned scars always fade overtime with advances in scar treatments.

Kevin Tehrani, MD, FACS

Short Scar, Lollipop, Breast Lift - Less Scarring than Anchor Pattern Lift

+1

A short scar technique, “lollipop scar”  rather than the majority of surgeons in the United States that use an anchor pattern lift which involve more significant scarring is possible to use in your case based on your photos. An implant would be requried to give you some fullness of the upper breast. Here are some of the details of the Lollipop lift.

Procedure Description
The procedure is done on an outpatient basis under intravenous sedation and local or general anesthesia. As mentioned above there are a variety of techniques for these operations.  Most commonly there is an incision around the areola, with  vertical incision on the lower part of the breast (“lollipop” technique).  Although the “anchor-shape” or inverted “T” incision is still more popular in the United States, it represents an older technique with extensive scarring and a less optimal result in many cases.  These new techniques are utilized in the vast majority of cases, the rare exception being extremely large breasts.  The nipple-areola complex is repositioned higher, the excess skin is removed, and the breast is reshaped in a pleasing contour and in a more normal position.  The insertion of an implant as well, is advisable in your case to restore superior fullness which is lost with aging and after pregnancy despite the rest of the breast being overly large.

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Minimal scars to very droopy breasts

+1

I also believe that when it comes to breast surgery, concerns about shape should trump concerns about scars. Fortunately, I think that the breast lift/reduction procedure that gives the best shape also provides the most limited scarring. A vertical breast lift/reduction can effectively lift the breast and dramatically improve your asymmetry. The scars for most patients tend to be quite acceptable and are rarely a source of great concern once the healing process is complete. I have found that the anchor scar is rarely necessary, even is extremely ptotic breasts. 

William T. Stoeckel, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Breast Uplift - Minimal Scar Solution to Very Droopy Breasts?

+1

Based upon your so kindly posted photos you need in my opinion a full anchor lifting due to the severe amount of ptosis and asymmetry. Sorry I do not believe a L-shaped mastopexy will give you a good result. 

Breast Lifting Scarring?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures. Your pictures do demonstrate significant breast ptosis  and asymmetry. This is consistent with the significant weight loss you have achieved (and of which you should be very proud).

Although not possible to give you precise advice without direct examination, I think you will be best served with a full breast lift,  involving incisions around the areola, vertically, and horizontally.

The breast lift surgery will serve to move the nipple/areola higher, hopefully improve symmetry, and achieve the breast size/shape that you are looking for.  The trade-off of course is the presence of scars;  most patients who are doing this operation at the right time of their lives ( psychosocial considerations…)  will accept the trade-off for the improvement noted above.

Be careful; if the appropriate operation is not performed you may end up dissatisfied with the results of surgery.  Revisionary surgery can be costly (in many ways).