My Breast Are Unequal?

I am a 20 year old girl and my left boob is about a C36 and my right is about half the size.I have constant back and chest pain.I wish to have them fixed to a B cup and was wondering what is the process I must go through and how much I would have to save?

Fix Unequal Breasts with Lift and Reduction on Left Side Only

+2

Thank you for your question. Your right breast looks very normal and my own view is to avoid scarring on the normal breast unless you simply want the right breast smaller.

A well done mastopexy-reduction on the left breast should give you symmetry.

Reduction and lift of the left side

+2

If you are happy with the right breast ,I would recommend left reduction and lift. The other option is to do lift on the right side and lift/reduction left side.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Breast asymmetry is corrected with lollipop scars.

+2

Hi.

1)  You look like a pretty easy case.  You need a lift of your right breast and a reduction of your left breast.  You could leave the right breast alone, but symmetry is better when both breasts are operated on.

2)  All the surgery is done through lollipop scars.  You do not need the old fashioned "anchor" scar.

3)  The most important point is to use the right technique (either Lejour or Hall-Findlay).  You want to reduce and lift and shape the breasts INTERNALLY, without relying on pulling the skin to create shape.  Skin stretches, and any operation that relies on skin will not give you a good long term result.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Treating unequal breasts

+2

Your breasts are obviously asymmetrical and you have 2 choices for surgery.  One would be to lift and reduce the larger one to better match the smaller one.  The other is to reduce and lift both.  I would't think they are heavy enough to cause all your symptoms so I would caution you about going too small because I have recently had to augment 2 patients whom other doctors had over reduced at age 20, maybe 15-20 years earlier.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Breast Reduction in left breast to achieve better symmetry

+1
If you would like to reduce your larger left one to balance out with your smaller right one, you can consider getting a breast reduction and lift. This can be done on the left one alone to give you better symmetry in both size and shape. 

Jerome Edelstein, MD

Treatment of breast asymmetry

+1
There three choices: enlargement of the smaller breast, reduction of the larger breast or an augment/lift. Which option you select will be a personal one depending on whether you prefer the larger or smaller breast. My patients with similar conditions have complained about back pain, too. Sometimes, the reduction of the larger size will be covered by health issuance but this would usually require a minimum gram resection. Once you select an option, a plastic surgeon will be able to estimate the cost of surgical correction. Best of luck.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Breast reduction

+1

Based on your request you would achieve your goal with breast reduction (which includes a lift) of your larger breast to match the smaller breast.  Don't choose based on price, but rather quality of work and this you can tell by looking at the the before/after photos of breast reduction and also cases similar to yours.

Andre Aboolian, MD

Breast reduction

+1

Your left breast is larger and lower than your right, which is true for 80% of women.  At the least, you will need a reduction of the left breast.  Depending what a B cup means to you, you might need to have breast reduction for both breasts.  You need to establish this with your surgeon.  This will dictate the fee, depending on whether you do one breast of both.  I doubt that your insurance will cover this for you. This is an outpatient procedure.  There will be scars. The result may not be perfect. Please  consult a board certified plastic surgeon to get all the  information.

E. Anthony Musarra II, MD

Options for Unequal Breasts

+1

Well first of all most women's breast are asymmetrical.  The differences you have would create difficulties when fitting bras and bathing suits. Others have mentioned reductions and lifts. These are great options that come with scars. Consider another option such as liposuction to both breasts (because you wanted to be a B), with more volume being taken from the bigger breast. Allow the the skin to recover and readjust, if the left breast still hangs significantly lower, a smaller lift such as a periareoloar lift can be be done.

Charles Virden, MD
Reno Plastic Surgeon

My Breast Are Unequal?

+1

From reviewing your photo posted I recommend based upon you only wishing to equalize your breasts - a left reduction/lift.