Little to no breast tissue, petite/thin frame. What implants would be best for me? (Photo)

A few things: I am 5'4 and 95lbs (high metabolism) with little to no breast tissue. I have included photos of my chest and body frame to get the best suggestions as possible. I have done a lot of research as possible. I have planned to go with 350cc round gummybear silicone under the muscle. BUT I am wondering will it be too much for my small frame? Or should I go with something else? I am aiming for July to get an augmentation done.

The perfect implant size

For every patient there is an ideal sized implant. This is based on specific measurements of your breasts. My preference is to use moderate plus (mid range) profile implant that is round. The high and ultra high implants will look too round and fake. The Anatomical (Teardrop shaped) Would not be necessary for you. 

Based on your photographs a 350 cc implant should give you a nice natural result. I'm not sure I would go any larger than that. Of course the implant should be placed in a sub muscular pocket. 

Best of luck

Santa Monica Plastic Surgeon

Implant Selection

You are an excellent candidate for a round vs shaped silicone implant.  In terms of sizing, It is much better to accurately discuss implant volume and projection with an in office exam and detailed measurements.

In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements/characteristics. I use these measurements to help me during the sizing process to guide you to a safe result for your chest wall and just as important, one that meets your end desires.

The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor. The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant. It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you during the sizing process.

In addition, review of photos and use of rice bags can be very helpful to the patient and surgeon in achieving a safe and happy result. Close intereaction and involvement from your surgeon during this process can help alleviate the anxiety and fears of choosing the right size.

I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.

Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

Breast implant size for petite women

breast implant size for petite women
there is not enough information.... what are your measurements of your breasts.. your current bra strap size.
diameter of your chest

what size do you want to be.
implants should be chosen on measurements and dimensions as well

shaped implants may in fact be perfect for you

Newport Beach

What implants would be best for me?

The plastic surgeon you select should be able to guide you to the correct size for your measurements and desires.  Measurements of the chest wall and breast imprint width as well as knowledge of all breast implant sizes and measurements should make this process easy.

Find a plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of breast augmentation surgeries each year, has great reviews, and has great before and after pictures.

Breast Implant choice

Breast Implants are more than just size. One of the most important aspects of the implant is also shape (i.e. projection). Some are more natural (which means wider and less forward) and some are more youthful (which means more narrow and more prominent). The latter is referred to as high profile implants. It is this type of silicone implant that tends to look "hotter" on your petite frame. The size will be larger than 350cc because the extra volume is added to provide projection.  A 425 high profile implant will be ~ the similar width, but will add very nice projection. Be sure that your surgeon shows you all three profiles (Moderate or Moderate Plus, High, Ultra High). This keeps you from having the "I wish you had told me" conversation later. Good Luck. You should be even more fabulous.

350 cc breast implants should be fine if placed beneath the chest muscle

Based on the photograph with clothes on and a padded bra if you want to achieve that size you most definitely will need at least a 350 cc breast implant.  Based on your breast photographs you're thin with a small frame and little breast tissue.  Is important that the breast implants be placed beneath your chest muscle.  Because you have a thin frame you may benefit from high profile implants have a narrower base width.

The most important thing is to consult a very experienced board certified plastic surgeon who has an excellent reputation in your community for an in person exam and consultation.  During the examination your surgeon will take measurements of your chest and use of breast implant sizing system to help you choose the appropriate size.

What implant size/style/type is best for me

You are a thin woman and with the appropriate implant should have a good result. Your best course of action would be to meet with a board-certified plastic surgeon who can discuss your medical and social history, examine you and then make recommendations for an implant and technique. The size/volume of the implant will be a major determinant in your final result because the larger the implant, the more your tissues stretch and thin.

I would encourage to write down all of your questions to make sure you get the most out of your consult.

I hope this helps

Dr. Edwards