Do You Have Enough Breast Tissue for Just the Lift and Avoid Implants? (photo)

First all, I want to thanks all the docs here for you much appreciated advices. I've decided I don't mind the full anchor lift scar if It will give me the best possible lift. I wear 32D from Victoria secret, don't completely fill it out but I won't mind being a bit smaller to get the best lift and perkier breast if that's what it takes but would rather not be smaller than a B size. Can I accomplish that without implant? Does implants makes lift last longer or the longevity is the same.

You do have enough

+3

Hello. You definitely have enough tissue to go with a lift alone. The role of an implant would be to maintain or increase your volume and also to add some fullness to the upper pole of the breasts. Either procedure (with or without implants) can provide good results.

Do You Have Enough Breast Tissue for Just the Lift and Avoid Implants?

+2

A breast lift will restore shape, but a small implant will improve superior pole fullness. Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of breast lifts each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Good candidate for mastopexy with no implants.

+2

From the picture I think you get an excellent result. I don't think you have a choice when it comes to the type of mastopexy. Some sort of vertical and horizontal component will be necessary.

Lift only

+2

It is certainly possible for your to improve the shape and contour of your breast without an implant.  If you are satisfied with your breast volume in your bra then a lift will be just the operation for you to achieve your goals. 

Breast lift with or without implants

+2

You can certainly have a lift without implants and this is an excellent procedure, one which I perform on a regular basis.  However, like many women with drooping breasts, you are probably wearing a bra that is much larger than your actual breast size as you do not appear to have a D cup of breast tissue, more likely between a B and C.  When a lift is performed properly, breast skin and tissue will be removed and the remaining repositioned to give an aesthetic improvement of the breast.  If you would like your breasts to have a full appearance, rounded and firm with a full upper portion of the breast, you would benefit from a breast lift with implants.  If you are ok with a smaller breast (about a B cup) , and a more natural shape, you may proceed with a breast lift alone.

good luck

Sean A. Simon, MD

Breast lift or with implants

+2

It does not look like you have a lot of tissue. If you are overall happy with the volume then this may be enough. If you want more volume, then you will need implants.

Breast Lift without implants is excellent procedure despite a scar

+2

Breast lift without an implant is preferred choice when there is adequate natural breast tissue. Result obtained with this approach is all natural and there are no implant related issues in future.

You have made good decision. Go for it.

Vasdev Rai, MD

Are implants needed?

+2

The best way to answer your question is to redirect it to yourself in this way: are you happy with your size in a good supportive bra (ie, that isn't padded)? If that is the case, then a lift is all you need, and based on your picture you should be able to expect a very nice result. Don't go by bra size, all manufacturers are different, and Victoria's Secret is notorious for calling what most people would label as "C" as "D". Going smaller has nothing to do with a lift, but it is an option if that is your goal. Adding implants does not add to the longevity of the lift. Good luck!

Matthew Concannon MD

Matthew Concannon, MD
Columbia Plastic Surgeon

+2

A breast lift alone is always an option. Many women will decrease a cup size even with no tissue removal due to the change in the breast shape. If you have a breast lift, then are unhappy with your volume, an implant can always be added later.

Donald Griffin, MD

Enough tissue

+2

Hi Texasmom. From the photo I would say you have enough tissue. Agree with anchor lift. Whenever possible try to stay away from an implant. 

Peter Fisher, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon