Breast Are Swollen Again After Reconstructive Surgery?

4.5 weeks after having reconstructive breast implant surgery, my breasts are healing fine; the swelling went down and had a good progress report from my PS. Feeling healed & normal, I decided to eat a chocolate candy bar. Ate one 2 days ago, my breast swelled up awful again and it's such an uncomfortable feeling. The swelling is under my breast, under my armpits and towards my back. Why did this happen? Or is this an allergy?

Swollen after 6 weeks

+1

I suspect it is not an allergy and you may have developed a seroma or hematoma so I would go back to your plastic surgeon and have him evaluate it.

Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

I have seen hematomas (bleeding into the space)

+1

happen up to six weeks after surgery...usually people go to sleep and then wake up the next morning with one tense/uncomfortable and larger breast.   Please talk to your plastic surgeon as soon as you can.

Eleanor J. Barone, MD

Post operative swellig

+1

Get an opinion from your family physician and your plastic surgeon. It could be as simple as swelling from the surgery, allergy or seroma.