What Breast Surgery Should I Have? (photo)

I was born without a muscle on my right breast. I still developed a little bit of tissue but my left breast was still, fully developed, 2 cups sizes larger. I had a breast implant put in only on one side at age 18 (I am now 26) and the side with no implant had a lift. I have recently had a child (3 months postpartum) and my breasts have changed a lot looking like the picture that I am providing. What could i do?

What Breast Surgery Should I Have?

+1

Based on the photo I would recommend to best achieve symmetry:

• Breast lift on both sides, with areolar reduction and elevation and equalization of the nipples and areolas.
  • Larger implant on the right side, and consideration of implants on both sides. 

I would wait at least another three months for the post pregnancy changes to resolve. If you are planning another pregnancy soon, further waiting might be best, but this is not an absolute. 

Photos are not anywhere close to the usefulness of an in person exam, and the suggestions you get may be altogether different. 

Thanks and best wishes. 

What Breast Surgery Should I Have?

+1

Thanks for the question. I assume you have a variant of Poland's Syndrome. Best to be ONLY evaluated in person. But I would offer a full lifting bilaterally with replacemet of implants, fat grafting to upper pole of right. Best of luck. 

A combination of lift and implant will give you the best result

+1

What procedure you should get to improve the appearance of your breasts depends on what you would like to achieve.  From the photo there are a few issues: areolas are large, scar around the areolas is prominent, natural breasts is lower down on your chest, augmented breasts has more upper pole volume.  I think performing a circumvertical breast lift (lolli pop) for both breasts, lifting one more than the other will take care of 2 out of the 3 issues.  The third issue will require choosing an implant for both breasts that will even out both volume as well as upper pole differences.

Dr Remus Repta

Web reference: http://www.aaaplasticsurgery.com/plastic-surgery/breast-enhancement.cfm

What Breast Surgery Should I Have?

+1

Thank you for the question picture.

I think you will benefit from breast lifting at some point. Ideally, this operation  is done when you have completed pregnancies and have achieved a long-term stable weight. Breast implants may or may not be helpful depending on your goals. For example, if your goals include achieving “superior pole fullness”  or an increased breast size, then breast augmentation may be helpful.

When the time is right, I would suggest in-person consultation with well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons. Make sure you see lots of examples of their work and communicate your goals clearly.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_breastLiftAug.htm