Should I Have Breast Surgery? (photo)

Hello, I am 25 and am self conscious about the appearance of my breasts, I have never have firm breasts and have for years considered having them uplifted.My nipples are 22cm apart and 22cm from the sternal notch,I am a size 34B-C depending on my weight which is normal for my height. Please could you tell me if you recommend surgery (prefer minimal scarring), or do you think exercise would achieve a sufficient result- I currently do none. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, Thank you.

update: 5-11-12
will the surgery suggested affect my chance to breast feed, and will it reduce sensation in the nerves? Kind regards

Breast Lift vs. Exercise

+2

Breast surgery should not be rushed into.  You should have a thorough consultation process with preferably 2 -3 surgeons prior to deciding.  Unfortunately, exercise will not affect the shape or size of the breasts.  Breast Lift may be necessary possibly in combination with breast implants.

Augmentation with Ultimate Lift

+2

From your photographs, you clearly need a breast lift.  If you are dissatisifed with your size being a 34 B-C, then you may want to consider breast augmentation at the same time.  The advantage of combining breast augmentation with lift is that it can all be done through a circumareola incisions without vertical, lollipop or inframammary scars.  This will augment your volume, lift your breast tissue and elevate your nipples.  There is a new technique (Augmentation with Ultimate Lift) which I think you are a perfect ideal candidate for.  Exercise is irrelevant and will not be effective.

Best of Luck,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Breast surgery

+2

This would be considered elective, cosmetic breast surgery and aside from issues of health, cost, and other requirements for proper cosmetic surgery, it is up to the patient to decide to proceed with such surgery. The problems here are asymmetry, nipple-areola size, and significant ptosis. This is no non-surgical option. I agree with Dr. Marosan that the appropriate procedure is a breast lift/mastopexy that can be done with a vertical approach and lollipop incision. Implants are not needed and nothing short of a properly done lift will achieve the desired and long-lasting result. 

Denver Plastic Surgeon

Should I have surgery for droopy breasts?

+2

Thanks for the photos. Only you can answer this question. First of all, no excersise will lift or change the shape of your breasts. You would do best with a short scar (vertical or lollipop scar) breast lift. This will make your areolae smaller, place them higher on the breast mound, make your breast rounder, more projecting, basically more aesthetic. The trade off is a scar for improved shape. See a board certified plastic surgeon with good experience in all aspects of breast surgery for a consultation. Good luck.

Web reference: http://www.bellevueplasticsurgeons.com

Bellevue Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift

+2

A breast lift will lift the areola and can tighten the skin envelope and  gland.  Depending upon what you want will determine what type of surgery you will require.

Lift vs Exercise?

+2

Exercise will increase the size of the muscle depending on what muscle you work on. The muscle behind the breast tissue will do  nothing to the shape of the sagging breast tissue.       

To improve the appearance of your breast surgery would be needed which would be either a Mastopexy  or a mastopexy with implants.

Web reference: http://www.graciaplasticsurgeon.com

Arlington Plastic Surgeon

To lift or not - that is the question

+2

The decision to have cosmetic surgery is a very personal one and you should take your time to decide. That being said it is done hundreds of times each day. When performed by qualified surgeons it is safe and effective. I can understand why you don't like the appearance of your breast. Mastopexy, or breast lift, alone would make a dramatic difference. It would lift and give your breasts more support. It is very safe and recovery is very quick. The trade off is the scar but if done well I would expect that your scars should heal thin and flat. Go get some consults. Good luck.

Web reference: http://www.cosmeticsurgerybaltimore.com/html/breast-lift-procedure.html

Should I Have Breast Surgery?

+2

Thank you for the question and picture.

Whether or not to have breast surgery is a very complicated personal decision that should be made after careful consideration of  the pros and cons of surgery as well as issues such as timing of surgery in relation to life circumstances. Unfortunately, no degree of exercise will improve the breast shape or position.

Your breast demonstrated breast  ptosis ("sagging")  which will require breast lifting plus or minus breast implants to improve. Exactly what which operation will be offered to you will  depend on your personal goals.  These goals will need to be  determined during consultation. I  prefer the use of goal pictures to help with this communication.

Breast lifting involves some amount of skin excision.   The skin excision serves to “tighten up” the breast skin envelope. How much skin needs to be removed will depend on each specific patient's situation. In other words, some patients require more “lifting”  and have the need for additional incisions. Generally, these incisions range from around the areola, vertical breast incisions, and transverse incisions (“anchor”).

Most patients (If properly selected and who are doing the operations and the right time of their lives) accept the scars associated with breast augmentation/breast lifting surgery as long as they are happy with the improvement in contour, size, and symmetry. This acceptance of the scars is the essential “trade-off” associated with many of the procedures we do in the field of plastic surgery.

It may be in your best interests to meet with well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons to discuss options when/if the time is right for you.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_breastLiftAug.htm

Should i have breast surgery?

+1

the question you are really asking is "am i a good candidate for some kind of breast operation?" simply put. yes. a lift with a smallish implant would be a good choice. fat grafting would be a poor choice as would a simple lift without an implant. the risks will depend on the procedure you choose. good luck

Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation and Lift

+1

This is a problem many women have. Your breast tissue appears to have fallen off your chest wall and the breast tissue is distributed in such a way that gives you a less than ideal breast shape.Your areolas are also large and asymmetrical. This can also be corrected at the same time.In order to correct this problem, you need to have a breast lift (mastopexy) procedure to rearrange and restore volume in the upper portions of your breast for an aesthetically shaped breast. This can be performed with or without a simultaneous augmentation procedure. If you would be happy with breast sizes that are slightly smaller than your current size, than you will not need simultaneous augmentation. During mastopexy only procedures, the breast size inevitably ends up looking slightly smaller. If this smaller size is too small for you, than a mastopexy augmentation would be more appropriate. This is a complex procedure and very difficult to make both breasts look natural and symmetrical, but it can be done. Unfortunately, there is no way to do so with minimal scarring. You will require a wise-pattern type incisions and have resulting anchor type scarring.