Breast Surgery

I am very interested in having breast asymetry surgery as i am hugely disgusted at the appearance of my breasts,but the more i research this procedure and see before and after pictures nearly all of them look horrible kind of like they have been butchered and often worse.why is this is it because of the surgeon or is this a very hard procedure to perform,Thankyou.

Correction of Uneven Breasts

+2

There isn't a single best way to correct breast asymmetry. In general the size discrepancy can be corrected by either augmenting the smaller breast, reducing the larger breast, or some combination of both.

It gets a little more complicated when there are significant differences in the shape and position of the breasts. Correcting this will usually involve a lift being done on the more droopy side. Your surgeon can give you specific alternatives after an examination.

Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Breast symetry

+1

If the breast are different , they can be improved with surgery and general look much better after surgery than before. If you are looking at results that are "horrible"  I would like to see what you consider horrible, sometimes expectations have to be worked on before the breast are. 

Walter D. Gracia, MD
Arlington Plastic Surgeon

Asymmetry breast surgery is difficult.

+1

Breast surgery to correct asymmetry can be very difficult depending on the reasons for the asymmetry. In some cases, it can take multiple surgeries to achieve a relative symmetry. Absolute perfect symmetry does not exist and expectations of perfection should be avoided. The primary goal is to achieve balance in clothing and to improve self-esteem. Also, as one ages, a correction which was great in one's 20's may be asymmetric again in their 60's. I recommend a candid discussion with a plastic surgeon who performs a large number of breast operations.

David Bogue, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Breast assymetry

+1

I understand your concern.Obviously you can choose to do nothing or research and go to a board certified plastic surgeon who has experience in breast Reconstruction.Almost ,even all, women are not symmetrical but some have a greater difference than others.Be diligent do some research and go for it.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Breast surgery to correct asymmetries

+1

Breast surgery to correct asymmetry can be a challenging procedure.  Usually if the proper combination of augmentation, reduction, and/or lifting is done there can be a substantial improvement.  A great deal of this is technique dependant so make sure that your surgeon is confident that he/she can deliver what you want.

Kenneth L. Stein, MD

Correcting breast asymmetry can be difficult but is also extremely rewarding surgery for our patients.

+1

Almost all women have some degree of difference between their breasts, and in discussion with my patients I usually point out that the two breasts are sisters, not twins.  Having said that, many women have more significant asymmetry between their breasts and the surgery to improve the situation can be more complicated.  Sometimes, a staged approach using expanders in a planned two operation approach is the surest way to correct the problem.  I wouldn't want you to be too discouraged by what you may have seen on line.  In the hands of an experienced cosmetic surgeon, breast augmentation with correction of asymmetry can be a very satisfying experience...

Michael H. Rosenberg, MD
White Plains Plastic Surgeon

Breast asymmetry correction

+1

Correction of breast asymmetry is a bit more complicated but very common in my practice. Yesterday, I had a patient with about a cup size difference in size and the shape was different. I did an uplift on both sides but more on the droppier side and put a larger implant, after placing sizers, on the smaller side. She will not be perfect but definitely better. Asymmetry can also be corrected without implants by doing a reduction on one side or a combination of this and an uplift. I individualize on all my patients and go with what the patient wants to achieve. Watch my videos. I have a special on breast enlargement with an all inclusive fee.

Edward J. Domanskis, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Asymmetry or Congenital Deformity?

+1

All women have breast asymmetry to some extent. I have yet to meet a female patient with exactly symmetrical breasts. Correcting minor breast asymmetries is usually fairly straightforward. However, correcting severe deformities (i.e. as occurs with Tuberous Breasts) is more complicated. Many of the tuberous breast deformities that I have fixed require a breast lift to some extent, which usually translates into slightly more surgical scars.

Kevin Brenner, MD, FACS

Breast surgery

+1

Permanent scars are a part of any and all breast surgery to make a better shape and lift the breasts. You have to do your research and find a good plastic surgeon in your community.

Correcting Breast Asymmetry

+1

Correcting breast asymmetry can be very challanging, but it can aloso be very rewarding.  The results will vary greatly depending on the degree of asymmetry. Without seeing your pictures, it is difficult to give you specifics.  I would recommend seeing someone who specializes in breast surgery.

David H. Bauer, MD
Little Rock Plastic Surgeon