Breast Surgery for One Breast to Correct Asymmetry?

I was wondering about how much the cost would be and what sort of procedure would be used for my breast asymmetry.

I am about 5'4" and 115 lbs. My left breast is larger than my right to the point that no bra fits and I am forced to wear a sports bra everyday. I am happy with my right breast, it is about a 32C where my left won't fit into a size 34D.

I only want to have surgery to correct my left breast and was wondering if it would cost less, instead of having surgery on both.

One sided breast reduction to correct asymmetry is possible

+1

Thank you for your question. If one breast is much larger than the other and is causing your asymmetry, then most likely a reduction mammoplasty can be done on one side to improve your symmetry. Cost will depend on where you live, whether the surgery is done in an outpatient facility or hospital, and the skill and experience of your surgeon. I have no data to base this estimate on but cost could range from $2500-$7500 depending on the above factors.

Asymmetry of the breasts

+1

Hi,

It would seem that you need to consider your smaller breast to be the "target" breast and you can have whatever modification of the larger breast with the reduction you need to match the right breast.

The areola on the larger breast can be modified at the same time to match the smaller breast areola. 

Hope this helps.

Steven M. Lynch, MD
Albany Plastic Surgeon

Correction of breast asymmetry

+1

Based on the information you have provided, it sounds like a reduction of the larger breast would be the procedure of choice.  This may involve surgical removal of breast tissue with "anchor" or "lollipop" type scars, or liposuction with essentially no scars.  Your board-certified plastic surgeon will advise you on the best procedure for you.  

Andrew P. Giacobbe, MD
Buffalo Plastic Surgeon

What is the least invasive way to treat breast asymmetry if one side is acceptable?

+1

If one breast size and shape is acceptable the other side could be reduced and shaped to match the smaller side. This is a very common operation in a unilateral breast reconstruction. In these cases one has to match the reconstructed breast by reducing and lifting the other side.

Farhad Rafizadeh, MD
Morristown Plastic Surgeon

Least expensive way to correct uneven breasts and dissatsifaction with larger breasts: liposuction (VIDEO)?

+1

Probably the least invasive procedure and least costly would be one sided (unilateral) breast reduction surgery. I have attached a video showing before and after results of a two sided reduction with liposuction