5 Weeks Post-Op Breast Surgery Have Infection with Bleeding and Puss. Surgeon not Concerned, Should I Be?

5 weeks post op a small puss dot about the size of the end of your baby finger appeared. Within one week, it was an inch squared. 7 weeks post op and it has now spread to 3 inches by 2 in the form of a triangle under the breast and half way up to the nipple. The area is bleeding and oozing yellow puss constantly. Surgeon says it's fine and to apply polysporin to it, but with the bleeding and puss, it has not improved.What should I do? My surgeon is not too concerned, should I be?

Infection folowing BA

It sounds like you had lifting of your breasts in addition to augmentation.  The junction of the horizontal and vertical incisions is a common place for an opening to develop and often there can be clear yellow drainage for a few days.  What may look like pus could well be what I describe as a "wet scab".  As an open wounds close a pink cobbled surface develops called granulation tissue.  It bleeds easily, but stops quickly.  This is a good sign and heralds natural closure of the wound with time.  It is difficult to close a fresh surgical wound and often allowing the wound to heal and revising the scar later gives a better end result.  The enlarging nature of your wound and the persistent drainage are a concern.  Is the breast swollen, red and/or tender?  Do you have a fever?  Is the fluid coming from the breast pocket or oozing from the raw surface of the wound?  I would get a culture of the fluid and consider antibiotics.  If an infection develops around the implant it will have to be removed for awhile and replaced with a new one after the infection ois treated and the wound closed.  Talk to your surgeon again and be assertive in voicing your concerns.  You need more re-assurance.